• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Carpino bans Sam Blum from AM830 "Beat Reporter Roundtable" for being too negative, other Angels journalists say they won't be going back on

mmc

• mmc changed the title to Carpino bans Sam Blum from AM830 "Beat Reporter Roundtable" for being too negative
1 minute ago, angelsnationtalk said:

They won't which is why Blum was in his own category of why people are easily rubbed the wrong way.

I appreciate him calling it out as it is.

I hope you're wrong, but I'm guessing you're probably not.

It is truly laughable that an organization would be this thin-skinned.  Talk about being "soft" and snowflakes. 

I'd love to hear how the Angels put it. It's bad it they are doing it because he was critical of the team., but if they do it because he sucks the energy off the radio program. then it makes sense. I could probably listen to the show and figure it out, but I have LITERALLY ANYTHING ELSE to do, so the mystery will remain unsolved.

8 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Let me add, I have no problem with Blum lifting up the rock to show what's underneath but he had to know they wouldn't tolerate it every episode. He basically fired himself being himself. Blum, like Adell, needs to learn how to play the game a little better. 

You should tell Blum

They are free to control the content and tone of their show just as much as Blum is free to report on the Angels in any tone he wants.

Blum is being a baby.

Let’s be real.

If Blum put together a podcast to really dig deep into all the problems with the Angels organization, I doubt he would be holding a seat open for Roger Lodge to be the center of that conversation. . . . because CORRECTLY Roger Lodge isn’t a good fit for the tone of that discussion.

And I doubt Roger Lodge would be complaining about it on Twitter.

2 minutes ago, ScruffytheJanitor said:

I'd love to hear how the Angels put it. It's bad it they are doing it because he was critical of the team., but if they do it because he sucks the energy off the radio program. then it makes sense. I could probably listen to the show and figure it out, but I have LITERALLY ANYTHING ELSE to do, so the mystery will remain unsolved.

Of course everyone will just say that I'm biased because I like Blum's coverage, but to me, it wasn't a matter of sucking the energy out of the program.  He has never seemed out of place or out of step with the other reporters' energy/vibe, at least to me. 

5 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

They are free to control the content and tone of their show just as much as Blum is free to report on the Angels in any tone he wants.

Blum is being a baby.

Let’s be real.

If Blum put together a podcast to really dig deep into all the problems with the Angels organization, I doubt he would be holding a seat open for Roger Lodge to be the center of that conversation. . . . because CORRECTLY Roger Lodge isn’t a good fit for the tone of that discussion.

And I doubt Roger Lodge would be complaining about it on Twitter.

This is the correct take. Blum is often super critical of the angels, but fair, as opposed to Dylan Hernandez or Plaschke who strive to point out all the negatives and never the positives.