• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Favorite Angel Stadium promotions through the years

Taylor

One of my all time faves was when they gave away the Babushka Dolls circa 2005.

There were three of them given out throughout the season. I believe Troy Glaus was the largest, followed by Darin Erstad, and (ironically) Bartolo Colon was the smallest. And they all fit inside each other (gross).

s-l1600.jpg

4 minutes ago, greginpsca said:

When I was a little leaguer in the early 60's , we went to a bat night game. A Fregosi autograph bat was cool. Was perfect to pound on the concrete floor to make noise during a rally. Better than thunder sticks.

Funny, I was just going to mention my KTLA bat I got in the early 90s. I still have it and swing it around in the living room when no one is around. Lol

the first game i went to at the big A was a twi-night doubleheader in 1971 against the tigers. between games, they had a softball game between the sports media and the playboy playmates. that was a pretty introduction to angels baseball.

in recent years, i thought the thunder sticks were pretty great. there have been some good bobbleheads, hawaiian hats/shirts, and plenty of trout and ohtani things. but probably my favorite each year is the wall calendar so i can put it up in my room and make all those goofy dodgers fan see it each day. 

IF ANYONE IS GONG TO THE CALENDAR GIVEAWAY opening weekend, can you do me a solid and pick up a calendar for me? send me a DM and we can chat about details.

*special shout out and thanks to @katie for picking up and sending me an angels wrestling mask several years ago.

On 3/29/2023 at 8:01 PM, Taylor said:

One of my all time faves was when they gave away the Babushka Dolls circa 2005.

There were three of them given out throughout the season. I believe Troy Glaus was the largest, followed by Darin Erstad, and (ironically) Bartolo Colon was the smallest. And they all fit inside each other (gross).

s-l1600.jpg

Now post that in the Colon through the years montage.

4 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Seat cushion night for a 1978 traditional DH with the Twins 

Halos were in contention that season for the first time since 1970.

Halos lost the first and won the second.

Late in each game, it was as loud as I’ve heard it in the stadium, aside from 2002 ALCS clincher, as people banged on the seat cushions.

speaking of seat cushions, at dodger stadium in the 60s you could rent a seat cushion for a quarter or so. after the game ended, fans would hurl the cushions onto the field from every section of the stadium. it made staying to the end of the game a lot more fun, plus my mom didn't give me grief about throwing something after the game.