• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

K-Rod HOF chances

Erstad Grit

1 hour ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Pretty unlikely. The only thing he has going for him is the single season save record and being 4th on the saves leaderboard. Probably not enough.

Here is the top 30 WAR leaderboard for relievers.

image.thumb.png.0e9fa69d873d552d432b7a3cde7a89a9.png

Where are you getting Krod war numbers? Baseball reference has it much higher. image.png

Edited by Erstad Grit

1 hour ago, Erstad Grit said:

Where are you getting Krod war numbers? Baseball reference has it much higher. image.png

Fangraphs. They have the option to sort by top relievers all time. BBRef doesn't have that option as far as I can tell. Theirs is just "pitchers" which would include starters, skewing the data.

36 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Fangraphs. They have the option to sort by top relievers all time. BBRef doesn't have that option as far as I can tell. Theirs is just "pitchers" which would include starters, skewing the data.

You can find BBRef's here:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/leaders/jaws_RP.shtml  

Just click on the column for WAR.

Looks like maybe Fangraphs shows WAR just when the pitcher is being used as a reliever?  BBRef seems to include people who were primarily relievers--but then you get Eckersley at the top of their list with 62.1 bWAR.  In their ranking, Rodriguez comes in 25th among relievers (24.2 bWAR), basically even with Bruce Sutter (24.0 bWAR).  Wagner is 14th with 27.7 bWAR.

3 hours ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

@Erstad Grit i'm more curious why you think k-rod is better than Billy Wagner? 

Wagner smokes him in most stats. Better ERA, ERA+,FIP, WHIP, K:BB, WAR, WPA. But k-rod had 15 more saves in 73 more innings.

Krod has more saves (including a 62 save season!!!!!) and that's despite he lost a ton because the Brewers had Axford closing for some reason. 

Wagner was a trainwreck in the playoffs while Krod had moments of dominance.

Yes I'm a homer too. Personally I'd put them both in, but closers don't seem to be represented that well. 

4 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

You can find BBRef's here:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/leaders/jaws_RP.shtml  

Just click on the column for WAR.

Looks like maybe Fangraphs shows WAR just when the pitcher is being used as a reliever?  BBRef seems to include people who were primarily relievers--but then you get Eckersley at the top of their list with 62.1 bWAR.  In their ranking, Rodriguez comes in 25th among relievers (24.2 bWAR), basically even with Bruce Sutter (24.0 bWAR).  Wagner is 14th with 27.7 bWAR.

I can't believe Firpo Marberry isn't in the Hall.  

Mildly interesting piece of baseball history for those interested in looking him up.