• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Worst Movie or Show

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

Caddyshack 2.  If it came out today, the studio would just shelve it and take the loss.

More modern though.  Jupiter Ascending.  You look at the cast and think maybe I'll watch it.  No, just don't.  Sticking your hand in a meat grinder is less painful.

The review is enough for me to skip this.  You know a movie's bad when a Kenny Loggins song is better than it.  Jackie Mason is no Rodney.

5 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

That's the thing. It was a standalone movie. The title made no more sense than the movie itself.

5 hours ago, cals said:

My memory isn't great but I'm pretty sure I saw Leonard Part 3 in the theaters when I was like 10. 

I wonder how many rapes the ostrich had to witness?

once for new years my wife said she wanted to choose a movie for us to watch instead of me always choosing. okay, i said, go for it. she chose something called "the other side of midnight." it was so pathetically awful that she apologized to me. that was also the last time she chose a movie for us, theater or home.

Edited by Tank

12 hours ago, Tank said:

once for new years my wife said she wanted to choose a movie for us to watch instead of me always choosing. okay, i said, go for it. she chose something called "the other side of midnight." it was pathetically awful that she apologized to me. that was also the last time she chose a movie for us, theater or home.

So are you going to tell us what you chose this year, or surprise us on New Years?

14 hours ago, Tank said:

once for new years my wife said she wanted to choose a movie for us to watch instead of me always choosing. okay, i said, go for it. she chose something called "the other side of midnight." it was so pathetically awful that she apologized to me. that was also the last time she chose a movie for us, theater or home.

Very sad. My wife's movie picks are almost always good. Her favorite genre is horror and she's pretty discerning. And we both check Rotten Tomatoes before selecting a movie.

• 10 months later...

I remember once going to the cinema to watch this historical movie, and it turned out to be a real disappointment. It was full of cruel scenes, and I couldn't bear to watch it till the end. I genuinely felt like I was never getting that time back, just like you described.But hey, to avoid such letdowns, I've learned to be more selective and check out now playing movies. That way, I can pick movies that match my preferences and hopefully have a more enjoyable time at the cinema. After all, movie nights should be about fun and entertainment, not wasted time!

8 hours ago, EmmanuelTheis said:

I remember once going to the cinema to watch this historical movie, and it turned out to be a real disappointment. It was full of cruel scenes, and I couldn't bear to watch it till the end.

I agree. I'm glad someone else feels this same.

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, The Ghost of Bob Starr said:

Haven’t been to the movies in 10 years.  

i rarely go anymore, but this summer we saw mission impossible in the theater and it was worth it.

there's also a new marvels movie coming out in a week or two that i might go see. 

you should go. the seats are more comfy and actually recline.

2 hours ago, Tank said:

i rarely go anymore, but this summer we saw mission impossible in the theater and it was worth it.

there's also a new marvels movie coming out in a week or two that i might go see. 

you should go. the seats are more comfy and actually recline.

We were doing the new Star Wars movies in them but my kids don’t even enjoy the movies anymore.  

plus I get all the shit pirated.  So it’s home anyway.  And my wife is WGA.  So we get screener DVDs too.  

21 hours ago, The Ghost of Bob Starr said:

We were doing the new Star Wars movies in them but my kids don’t even enjoy the movies anymore.  

plus I get all the shit pirated.  So it’s home anyway.  And my wife is WGA.  So we get screener DVDs too.  

What has your wife written? I'm a soon to be WGA member.

I don't know if I've ever replied to this but there was a Prince I almost walked out on. I don't know if it was Under the Cherry Moon which was atrocious. I can't remember the title of the worst baseball movie possible. I think it was called Night Game. Roy Scheider was a detective and the serial killer was only killing people when the team was at home and at night.

On 12/7/2022 at 5:15 PM, Tank said:

when my wife and i were first married we tried to see a lot of the best picture nominees for the oscars. we rented The Accidental Tourist (late 80s) about a travel writer and his adventures. It had a ton of oscar buzz and was nominated in several categories. it was, hands down, the most boring movie we had ever seen. dry doesn't begin to cover it. uninteresting characters in uninteresting places doing uninteresting things. it sucked beyond normal sucking.

Ha! I liked Prada, Rachel Got Married and The Accidental Tourist. Figure, people.