• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rob Manfred: The Angels are hoping to be sold before Opening Day

mmc

Their offseason plans HAVE to be a major part of the Angels spending then. 
All bidders must be agreeing with what the Angels are doing i'd imagine. 
If they do sign a top FA SS and or Senga then that would be looked at as the new owners first big splash.

Specially if Arte wants out before Opening Day.

Edited by angelsnationtalk

12 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Their offseason plans HAVE to be a major part of the Angels spending then. 
All bidders must be agreeing with what the Angels are doing i'd imagine. 
If they do sign a top FA SS and or Senga then that would be looked at as the new owners first big splash.

Specially if Arte wants out before Opening Day.

I am sure anyone interested in buying the club would like to see on field improvements every off season, thats a safe bet. 

I highly doubt that their "agreement" would be any more than that. 

Edited by James

Just now, James said:

I am sure anyone interested in buying the club would like to see on field improvements every off season, thats a safe bet. 

I highly doubt that their "agreement" would not be any more than that. 

Or “please don’t get worse” and “don’t trade Ohtani”

@Jeff Fletcher Since it's rumored to be in the reviewing financial stages, is there any chance that the potential bidders and Arte have mutually agreed on the payroll for this upcoming year? 

Just speculating since Arte wants it done by Opening Day so it's not his thing to worry about. Plus the budget has already gone up significantly. 

3 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

@Jeff Fletcher Since it's rumored to be in the reviewing financial stages, is there any chance that the potential bidders and Arte have mutually agreed on the payroll for this upcoming year? 

Just speculating since Arte wants it done by Opening Day so it's not his thing to worry about. Plus the budget has already gone up significantly. 

Not Jeff, but if there are multiple bidders as per reports, it would seemingly be hard to have an agreed upon agreement, I imagine?  Not sure.  

Just now, Warfarin said:

Not Jeff, but if there are multiple bidders as per reports, it would seemingly be hard to have an agreed upon agreement, I imagine?  Not sure.  

Or maybe all the bidders have told Arte the same thing that we want to win now and they have the financials to increase the budget to make it happen?

3 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Or maybe all the bidders have told Arte the same thing that we want to win now and they have the financials to increase the budget to make it happen?

My feeling is if the prospective owners told Arte he can go hog wild, we would have seen Brandon Nimmo instead of Hunter Renfroe, and a better upgrade than Urshela, and so on.  Just the type of players being acquired (guys with one year left) seem to somewhat suggest that Minasian isn't being given free reign to spend tons, but rather spread reasonable amounts of money around.

7 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Payroll up short-term deals, lot of one-year deals

1 hour ago, Warfarin said:

My feeling is if the prospective owners told Arte he can go hog wild, we would have seen Brandon Nimmo instead of Hunter Renfroe, and a better upgrade than Urshela, and so on.  Just the type of players being acquired (guys with one year left) seem to somewhat suggest that Minasian isn't being given free rein to spend tons, but rather spread reasonable amounts of money around.

This

1 hour ago, Warfarin said:

My feeling is if the prospective owners told Arte he can go hog wild, we would have seen Brandon Nimmo instead of Hunter Renfroe, and a better upgrade than Urshela, and so on.  Just the type of players being acquired (guys with one year left) seem to somewhat suggest that Minasian isn't being given free reign to spend tons, but rather spread reasonable amounts of money around.

Here's my purely speculative assumption.  There are several bidders all in about the same range so Arte probably doesn't care too much about who wins the bid.  They're probably all ok with some form of increased payroll but want to have some say over how that occurs and not be completely locked into a particular player without knowing all the ins and out ie their own eval.  So payroll will go to about what the new owners would be comfortable with.  Yet Arte has to be able to undo if the sale falls apart or takes much longer than expected.  

Also, it seems that Arte wants this over with and it's probably mlb that would be slowing things down to make sure they get the right group in there for the long haul.  They'll probably have a very strong influence on who's chose.  Probably to the point where Arte just gives his blessing if that top number is where it should be.