• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Playoff drought thoughts

Well, you cannot win the WS without making the playoffs so... 
Seriously though winning the WS is often as much about health and hot streaks as talent, the best team doesnt always win it, but you have to actually be in the mix to have that chance so i think i would take the post every year over a guaranteed one win and a decade of irrelevance.
We've experienced both or close to it so... yeah, feel pretty confident in saying that 

17 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

Making the playoffs and losing is overrated.  Just a way to get ripped off on playoff tix

Losing to the Twins last time was a sad trombone.

I'd rather be world champs.  Although I will acknowledge "Baby steps" in 2023 if we make the playoffs.

The Angels never lost a playoff with the Twins.

5 hours ago, floplag said:

Well, you cannot win the WS without making the playoffs so... 
Seriously though winning the WS is often as much about health and hot streaks as talent, the best team doesnt always win it, but you have to actually be in the mix to have that chance so i think i would take the post every year over a guaranteed one win and a decade of irrelevance.
We've experienced both or close to it so... yeah, feel pretty confident in saying that 

You evaded the question, though. He didn't say ten years of playoffs with WS possible but not guaranteed. He said ten years playoffs, but no WS win. 

17 hours ago, Pancake Bear said:

You evaded the question, though. He didn't say ten years of playoffs with WS possible but not guaranteed. He said ten years playoffs, but no WS win. 

I dont think i did but ill clarify, Yes, i would rather make the playoffs every year and be a quality team, even if that meant no WS, than win a one off WS and miss the post the rest of the decade.

Just now, floplag said:

I dont think i did but ill clarify, Yes, i would rather make the playoffs every year and be a quality team, even if that meant no WS, than win a one off WS and mist the post the rest of the decade.

Isn’t the purpose to win a championship? Side note, I agree I’d rather watch great baseball from April to October. At the end of the day though a win feels necessary. 

28 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Isn’t the purpose to win a championship? Side note, I agree I’d rather watch great baseball from April to October. At the end of the day though a win feels necessary. 

Yes, but trading the other 9 years of terrible baseball for me isnt worth it. 
Weve been there, done that, im over bad baseball. 

5 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Do I know that they aren’t going to win?

Being in the playoffs every year would be far more enjoyable.

Correct. They make it every year only to come up short vs winning and not getting in. It’s funny I actually hate losing more than I enjoy winning. That would be a rough watch either way.

17 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Correct. They make it every year only to come up short vs winning and not getting in. It’s funny I actually hate losing more than I enjoy winning. That would be a rough watch either way.

I’m over the 10 months of general apathy I have towards this team every year.

8 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Do I know that they aren’t going to win?

Being in the playoffs every year would be far more enjoyable.

Agreed - I too would rather they be in the playoffs yearly but not win it all, as opposed to winning once in 10 years and being terrible / not qualifying the other 9 years.

For the purposes of this exercise, I am assuming we are out of contention by midseason.  Much like we have been recently.  To be like that most of the time removes enjoyment from day to day life for many, many days, IMO.  It would be a lot more exciting to see this team in the thick of the race, make the qualifies, and have all the excitement associated with that.  

Most of our time as fans would be spent much as it is now - discussing WTF happened to our minor league system, why does this team lose so much, why is our owner so terrible, and so on and so forth.  It'd be more fun to have a consistent winner, IMO, even if they couldn't ultimately win it all.