• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I always think of Torii Hunter on Thanksgiving

Erstad Grit

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

Hunter was 37, Hamilton 32. Up until he signed with the Angels, Hamilton had a career 136 OPS+ and came off a season hitting .285/.354/.577/.930 with 43 home runs. 

Hamilton playing in a total hitter's park. Hunter hit 16 HR 92 RBI 313 average 365 OPB. He was fan favorite that brought so much more to team. Hamilton 32 on 5 year 125 mill was a bad singing at time of signing and turned out to a total disaster. 

1 minute ago, Angels 1961 said:

Hamilton playing in a total hitter's park. Hunter hit 16 HR 92 RBI 313 average 365 OPB. He was fan favorite that brought so much more to team. Hamilton 32 on 5 year 125 mill was a bad singing at time of signing and turned out to a total disaster. 

That’s revisionist history. It wasn’t a bad signing at the time. It turned out to be a bad signing. 

5 hours ago, Stradling said:

That’s revisionist history. It wasn’t a bad signing at the time. It turned out to be a bad signing. 

My recollection is that I felt that Hunter wasn't going to be great too much longer and it would be a mistake to extend him. As it turned out, he had one more good year (3.0 fWAR) and two meh years (1.1 and 0.7), but better a year too soon than a year too late.

I was mildly leery of Hamilton when we signed him due to his issues, but I had zero expectation he was going to fall off the way he did. I thought he'd be great for at a couple of years. I don't think anyone thought he'd be out of baseball in three years when he signed that deal.

8 hours ago, Pancake Bear said:

My recollection is that I felt that Hunter wasn't going to be great too much longer and it would be a mistake to extend him. As it turned out, he had one more good year (3.0 fWAR) and two meh years (1.1 and 0.7), but better a year too soon than a year too late.

I was mildly leery of Hamilton when we signed him due to his issues, but I had zero expectation he was going to fall off the way he did. I thought he'd be great for at a couple of years. I don't think anyone thought he'd be out of baseball in three years when he signed that deal.

Could have signed Hunter on a 2-year deal for 20 to 22 mill total. 

15 hours ago, Stradling said:

We were all excited about it, but it's not like it wasn't without risk. Hamilton had been so erratic during his career. And if I'm remembering correctly, the season before they signed him, he got off to a really hot start but then slumped for the rest of the season.