• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I always think of Torii Hunter on Thanksgiving

Erstad Grit

torii-hunter-42612.jpeg

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2007/11/torii-hunter-si.html

That was such a fun and unexpected signing.  After Matthews and Steve Finley were busts we finally had our CF. Looking bad Hunter earned every cent of that contract and we should have extended him rather than being mesmerized by Hamilton. 

• Chuck changed the title to I always think of Torii Hunter on Thanksgiving
2 hours ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

That was the first signing I was on Angelswin for. Kinda crazy.

Wow. You've been here a long time dude. 

I gotta make it down to your area so we can a beer or something. 

Had some projects come up a couple weeks back so I didn't have time to break away.

Torii was by far and away one of my all time faves. 

Not only a super solid player (and fun to watch), but his personality was off the charts. 

He was (is) an absolutely great guy. Great to the community.

I was around the team towards the end, and a few of my guys were real close to him. Had dinner with him a few times. He was one of those people that's very easy to like. 

Especially with hindsight, but even back then... how it ended with him was a black mark on the org. 

I'll try to find the clip. It's one of my faves.

He used to be a favorite for the bleacher bums in Oakland. They'd run their mouth, he'd interact with them etc.

His last game there with us, when it was up in the air that he might end up in the NL, he bought them all Popeyes chicken in like the 7th inning, had the cubbies bring it out to them all.

Pretty cool vid.

My wife woke me up that morning with the news and I didn't believe her. I told her she must of heard wrong and it was probably the Dodgers. 

When I confirmed the news, I started dancing for joy. My favorite player was coming to the Angels. It was the most joy I had ever felt in an Angels FA signing.

Far and away, hands down, my all-time favorite. Good player and an even greater person. 

13 minutes ago, T.G. said:

My wife woke me up that morning with the news and I didn't believe her. I told her she must of heard wrong and it was probably the Dodgers. 

When I confirmed the news, I started dancing for joy. My favorite player was coming to the Angels. It was the most joy I had ever felt in an Angels FA signing.

Far and away, hands down, my all-time favorite. Good player and an even greater person. 

And that's the last time you ever doubted your wife.

18 hours ago, Brandon said:

One of the more interesting FA signing stories we’ve all ever heard, as well. Growing up and graduating from Corona High, I’ve been to that very Del Taco many times. Kind of wild that it was this exact location of all places.

C7B58175-870D-40BA-BE5E-E8A6B1FE4634.png

just drove past that place last weekend and was thinking of hunter.

6 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

Tori Hunter was a big help in Mike Trout's early days. So dumb not to resign him instead they sign Josh Hamilton. Maybe someday his son will be playing in Anaheim.

Hunter was 37, Hamilton 32. Up until he signed with the Angels, Hamilton had a career 136 OPS+ and came off a season hitting .285/.354/.577/.930 with 43 home runs.