• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Minasian says Ohtani will not be traded

mmc

17 hours ago, Swordsman78 said:

The Angels are not going to "continue to lose" next year.    (your definition of "lose").

Ohtani wants to be and Angel and the Angels are going to pay him.   End of story.

oh ok, end of story. lol. i know for a fact there's way more to the story than that. ohtani wants to be on a winner, his words. 

how can you make some blind assertion that they're not going to lose next year? and how is "my definition of lose" the angels may continue to lose? they've lost for 8 years straight. i didn't have anything to do with that.

you're making all these blanket assertions on things nobody knows yet; not ohtani, not minasian, not jeff fletcher, not any of us here and certainly not you.

two things have to happen before next FA. either the angels sign ohtani, which is great, or they trade him at some point and get a haul of prospects/players to supplement and reinvigorate this roster. if they don't do either and he walks, then this franchise will have weakened themselves dramatically and will have to climb out of yet another hole and will be in trouble for another decade. that's not my opinion. that's not an expression of what i want. that's fact. they have to get it right, one way or the other.

9 hours ago, Swordsman78 said:

Nevins deal was appropriate for his managerial pedigree.  Had nothing at all to do with the owner limbo.   That is just conjecture out out by this forum and other Nevin haters.  His next managerial deal will be multi year and The Angels will win 85+ if they stay relatively healthy.

it's a great time to be an Angel fan!

Acting Crystal Ball GIF by American Masters on PBS

this guy knows everything!

what a joke.

On 11/8/2022 at 2:22 PM, Stradling said:

You are way more confident than anyone should be. This team won 73 games last year. Two of their top three players have injury concerns.  The team has holes in the bullpen, and need to upgrade multiple offensive positions including overall depth.  Lastly we have no idea who the next owner will be or when they will take over. Because of that we don’t know how much money will be spent to upgrade this 73 win team.  They could upgrade the team and win 10 more games and finish 20 games out of first. I have no idea if that keeps Ohtani here. 
Also the guarantee that Nevin was coming back has a lot more to do with ownership being unresolved than anything else. He signed a one year deal.  

Another way to evaluate the season is to consider that there were two stretches where the Angels lost 21 of 22 games.   If they just go .500 during those 2 stretches then they are comfortably in the playoffs.

2022 for the Angels can be distilled into 3 stand alone portions.  2 of the 3 portions (the bookends) the results were playoff caliber.   They aren't far off imo. 

4 hours ago, Swordsman78 said:

Another way to evaluate the season is to consider that there were two stretches where the Angels lost 21 of 22 games.   If they just go .500 during those 2 stretches then they are comfortably in the playoffs.

2022 for the Angels can be distilled into 3 stand alone portions.  2 of the 3 portions (the bookends) the results were playoff caliber.   They aren't far off imo. 

I agree they aren’t far off. That being said you’re way too confident that Ohtani is going to come back. Do I believe he’s coming back, yes, am I super confident hell no.  Also this is the second time you’ve quoted this post of mine.