• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

MLBTR-Angels not discussing Ohtani trades yet

AngelStew43

I remember reading somewhere around the trade deadline that the White Sox made an offer to the Angels for Ohtani. It was something along the lines of Ohtani for Cease, Kopech, Eloy Jimenez, and Andrew Vaughn. The Angels said no and asked for the Sox's top 2 or 3 prospects be included too so the trade never happened.

I wonder if the Angels could still get similar offers. Or if not, what an Ohtani package would look like now that he only has 1 year before free agency

4 minutes ago, OhtaniSan said:

I remember reading somewhere around the trade deadline that the White Sox made an offer to the Angels for Ohtani. It was something along the lines of Ohtani for Cease, Kopech, Eloy Jimenez, and Andrew Vaughn. The Angels said no and asked for the Sox's top 2 or 3 prospects be included too so the trade never happened.

I wonder if the Angels could still get similar offers. Or if not, what an Ohtani package would look like now that he only has 1 year before free agency

Link?

1 hour ago, OhtaniSan said:
12 - The Sox offer for Ohtani was Cease, Kopech, Eloy, Vaughn. The angels asked for all that plus Colas, Montgomery and Raudy Read. The Sox said no.

This makes no sense.

The White Sox offered 4 elite players, the Angels countered asking for 2 unproven prospects + a journeyman catcher, and the Sox said no?

Clearly, that info is inaccurate and it’s extremely lazy and misleading to think there’s an ounce of credibility to it.

Edited by Trendon

2 minutes ago, Trendon said:

This makes no sense.

The White Sox offered 4 elite players, the Angels countered asking for 2 unproven prospects + a journeyman catcher, and the Sox said no?

Clearly, that info is inaccurate and it’s extremely lazy and misleading to think there’s an ounce of credibility to it.

Keep reading.

I'm sure that several teams tried to make offers for Shohei.    

Step one was probably to hear what they are.  Step two was to then add additional players to that offer to see if anyone would potentially bite on something utterly ridiculous.  Step three would have been to tell Arte if anyone did.  Step four would be Arte telling Minasian to punch himself in the face and then hanging up the phone.  Step five was telling the press that they weren't even considering trading Ohtani.  

It is a bit of a damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario. If they trade Ohtani, the anger the fans, reduce the value of the org, and risk getting a dud package in return. If they don't trade him, they're still faced with either giving him a monster contract or losing him and getting nothing.

And if they trade him in July, they still might get a nice prospect or two in return, but not like they would get in the offseason or last July.

Unless someone makes them a ridiculous offer (e.g. the Orioles offer Grayson Rodriguez, Colton Cowser, and another solid prospect), I think it is best just to keep him. But a combo of Rodriguez and Cowser would be hard to refuse.

24 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

It is a bit of a damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario. If they trade Ohtani, the anger the fans, reduce the value of the org, and risk getting a dud package in return. If they don't trade him, they're still faced with either giving him a monster contract or losing him and getting nothing.

And if they trade him in July, they still might get a nice prospect or two in return, but not like they would get in the offseason or last July.

Unless someone makes them a ridiculous offer (e.g. the Orioles offer Grayson Rodriguez, Colton Cowser, and another solid prospect), I think it is best just to keep him. But a combo of Rodriguez and Cowser would be hard to refuse.

The smart move was to trade him last trade deadline. Of course the news of the sale of the team changes that, IMO, and dramatically increases the chances of them re-signing him and building a legit team around him. Of course now they are up against the clock, and need a new owner to come in before Ohtani can get away.