• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

A modern day prophecy on Hamilton

Nowani

So after the financial crisis several years back it was interesting to read articles on people who were crying wolf about the impending real estate collapse and subsequent banking crisis. Somewhere there is always a naysayer that gets it right. 

In checking on Hamilton's contract I just came across such an article regarding the Hamilton Signing. Many on this forum I'm sure had some doomsday prophecies on Hamilton but this article was just dead on.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1446701-josh-hamilton-signing-will-prove-to-be-bad-move-for-desperate-angels

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we don't contend again for 4-5 seasons.

they can guarantee this if they sell off all their spare parts which they won't. 

I agree though.  I wouldn't be at all surprised if Hamilton is essentially never heard from again.  I do think that Pujols will have a couple of nice seasons after this one. 

"The one with the power to vanquish the Rangers approaches ... released from those who have thrice defied him, born as the fifth month dies ... and the Rangers will mark him as his equal, but he will have power the Rangers knows not ... and either must lose at the hand of the other for neither can win the World Series while the other remains ... the one with the power to vanquish the Rangers will be born as the fifth month dies ..."

I think Sybill Trelawney's prophecy was wrong. I demand a refund.  :D