• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: A's @ Angels (9/28/22): Lorenzen on the mound, O'Hoppe catching, hitting 8th

jsnpritchett

11 minutes ago, eligrba said:

Funny, I only hear Charlie Brown’s teacher when O’Neal talks.

I still remember this scene from Be My Valentine, Charlie Brown.  "You want me to go pound the erasers?  Yes, Miss Othmar, I'd be glad to!"  I don't know why, but that still makes me laugh.

Edited by jsnpritchett

2 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Bored Come On GIF

Again, I just don't see what others do in wanting him back, regardless of role.  He wasn't particularly effective as a reliever in '20 or '21.   If he hadn't signed here and was again a free agent this off-season, I don't think he'd even be on anyone's radar. 

Well, I think given our track record of one year deals under the previous regimen, anyone who doesn't get lit up probably looks solid, haha.  Lorenzen wasn't great but he was decent when healthy.  At a value of 1/7, that's not bad.  He might be worth considering, if it means that the remaining money will be invested into the offense, which definitely needs an infusion of talent.

5 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Bored Come On GIF

Again, I just don't see what others do in wanting him back, regardless of role.  He wasn't particularly effective as a reliever in '20 or '21.   If he hadn't signed here and was again a free agent this off-season, I don't think he'd even be on anyone's radar. 

How about as O’Neal’s replacement?

Just now, Warfarin said:

Well, I think given our track record of one year deals under the previous regimen, anyone who doesn't get lit up probably looks solid, haha.  Lorenzen wasn't great but he was decent when healthy.  At a value of 1/7, that's not bad.  He might be worth considering, if it means that the remaining money will be invested into the offense, which definitely needs an infusion of talent.

But why him?  Why not any number of other guys who will be available for the same price or lower?  That's what I don't get.  Even when he was fully healthy, he was mediocre at best. He's just a guy.  If they end up committing anywhere near $7M to him next season, that's a bad sign.

Just now, jsnpritchett said:

But why him?  Why not any number of other guys who will be available for the same price or lower?  That's what I don't get.  Even when he was fully healthy, he was mediocre at best. He's just a guy.  If they end up committing anywhere near $7M to him next season, that's a bad sign.

It doesn't really have to be him, there are others like him too - I think he's just easy to cite due to familiarity.  Syndergaard might be too expensive for this team, so if so, we might be looking at Lorzenen and others in his tier.