• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official iOS7 Thread

RePLAY

Who uses passcode lock?

You should. Wife lost her iphone on a plane in Patagonia (we think it fell on the ground and then slide down the aisle during one of the 4 sets of landings/takeoffs). Took us 8+ hours to get to a place where we could get a hold of AT&T to shut the phone down, and even after that there was nothing we could do to stop the person from accessing the photos, data, email, etc. Had to change passwords, all sorts of stuff. Even with Find My Phone nowadays, you still have an issue in a situation like that, where you don't realize the phone is missing or you can't get to a location where you can use Find My Phone to lock and erase.

It's a simple thing to set the passcode, after the first day or so you don't even realize it.

There aren't any major bugs. I ran the beta for months and didn't have issues.

I am going to try to return my GS4 next week for a 5S. The bigger screen is nice but everything else is awful. Have to find all these stupid hacks. The notification system is awful, the lock screen system is awful, nothing works as smooth. There is tons of bloatware.

I know a lot of it has to do with the Samsung version of Android but seriously its frustrating. Wish I would have just stuck with my 4S until a larger screened iPhone comes out.

Also, Replay, you fail to mention that to get the lock screen to behave like that you either have to disable passcode lock or pay 3 dollars for an app. You have to pay a dollar to get your gmail app icon to show the number of unread email on it. The iPhone just works and has what you need out of the box instead of using a bunch of apps to hack it to look like you want it to.

What's wrong with the notification system and the lockscreen system?? I love the way it is.

The problem with the iPhone is the fact that you can only use it like it is right out of the box like it is and can't customize it to be functional like you need it to be. Apple copying Android is kinda funny.

If I get an email or Facebook notification, I want it to show up on my lock screen so I know whether or not it is worth looking at before I unlock my phone.

I can see what it is without unlocking the screen. I pull down the notification bar and there it is. I'm running a stock Galaxy S3.

FWIW, I just installed a new ROM on my Nexus yesterday that has the active notifications from the MotoX integrated. When I pull my phone from my pocket, if there's a notification it will immediately show on the screen without me having to press a button. I can choose to dismiss the notification permanently or unlock the phone and go into the app. Obviously this isn't available most places yet, but it's pretty sweet.

Also, you should be able to pull down your notification bar from the lockscreen.

At this point, stock Android is better than any other phone OS or manufacturer customization.

so there's no bloatware with an iphone, even from Verizon?

No. Apple used their iPod clout to strong arm AT&T (after Verizon declined) to have final say on the OS installed on their phones. This carried over when the iPhone went multi-carrier.  Google having to play catch up allowed the carriers and manufactures to do terrible terrible things to their OS when installed on the phones. Though rooting and custom roms on Android devices does mitigate this somewhat. Google will likely start flexing its clout to minimize the fragmentation and dilution of thier OS. Samsung anticipating this is developing their own OS, Tizen.

Maybe if I could have rooted I could get better battery but they locked the ATT boot loader and the MF3 update hasn't been hacked yet. I would go to bed at 100% and wake up at 78%. Only using the HD widgets weather app.

Having to get widget locker and NILS just to get gmail and Facebook notifications on my lock screen was ridiculous.

Sometimes stuff prevents your phone from going into deep sleep mode. I'd say install betterbatterystats to check but it requires root access. You could try going to your battery menu and seeing if Android OS is sucking up all your juice. That would mean there's a sleep problem.

• 2 months later...

Ever since we switched to this (there are four iPhone 4 in the family) the power drain has been massive. Battery life is maybe a third to a half what it was with iOS6. Don't like the icons as well either. Not crazy about the change. Talked to a friend who is an iPhone support rep for AT&T, her suggestions haven't helped at all.

Is the actual battery bigger on the 5 compared to the 4?

No idea. All I know is that when I was running iOS6, my battery lasted pretty much all day regardless of what I did. Yesterday, sending a couple of texts and playing a couple of games for a total of about 20 minutes, I went from 100% to 28% power in about three hours.