• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ Rangers (9/21/22): Davidson on the mound

jsnpritchett

2 minutes ago, Tank said:

while i've been vocal about how puzzling it's been to see duffy hitting 3rd or 4th, lately he's been doing reasonably well. seems a bit surprising to see him moved down in the lineup, something i didn't think would be odd to see.

For his career, Duffy has reverse platoon splits (his OPS vs. righties is 40 points higher than against lefties), while Dunning has the typical platoon splits against him.  So, yeah, doesn't really make a ton of sense.  That said, Duffy just isn't a very good hitter overall (despite a few good games recently), so I don't think it really matters.

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

For his career, Duffy has reverse platoon splits (his OPS vs. righties is 40 points higher than against lefties), while Dunning has the typical platoon splits against him.  So, yeah, doesn't really make a ton of sense.  That said, Duffy just isn't a very good hitter overall (despite a few good games recently), so I don't think it really matters.

fair

4 minutes ago, Tank said:

fair

...though I realized my point about Dunning having typical platoon splits isn't all that relevant to the discussion.  Ha.  But anyway, yeah, it's a little bit of a head-scratcher--but when you're 14 games away from the end of a season and Duffy is in all likelihood not going to be back next year, I guess it doesn't matter too much.  I'm still not sure why he's playing at all, but what do I know...

On a semi-related note, I'm still curious if Archie Bradley will get into any games once he gets back from his rehab assignment. 

49 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I'm becoming cautiously optimistic again about Taylor Ward heading into next season. 

About as much confidence as I have with him right now, something is still just off. Watching him out in the field just screams he's afraid of giving 100% and a good example is that fly ball he just missed.

I know it was a hard play, but he was there and so was his glove, he just slid instead of diving like he's afraid of it.

And while his bat has kinda sorta picked up I still don't like how many strikes he watches.