• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Proposed Trout trade

Tank

From my close friend, who's a diehard cards fan:

I'm StL, you are LaA.
I want Trout. Halos going nowhere with current talent in AL West with Hou, Sea...
Nolan Gorman 2B, Dylan Carlson Switch hit OF, and Tyler O Neil OF ( all MLB level) and
Masyn Winn SS, Matthew Liberatore P, Michael McGreevy P.
That's a haul and a restart.

Thoughts? Opinions? I don't know the minors or the Cards talent pool enough to know if this is fair offer (assuming the Cards wanted to do this).

And lose Ohtani to free agency next year or in a trade sooner? Two all time franchise icons one after the other? Why would Ohtani stay without Trout? 

Then wait three, four or five years developing no name prospects, hoping most turn into bona fide starters. Let alone stars? Projecting the future of prospects is still a crap shoot, even highly rated ones. 

Hardly the way to endear a franchise to a fan base. Talk about alienation. And with uncertain ownership.

Harken back to Gary Carter traded for Hubie Brooks, Mike Fitzgerald, Floyd Youmans and Herm Winningham. All highly rated young players. None of whom moved the franchise needle while Carter was a key Series winning player. 

History is littered with similar results more often than not. 

2 hours ago, Duren, Duren said:

And lose Ohtani to free agency next year or in a trade sooner? Two all time franchise icons one after the other? Why would Ohtani stay without Trout? 

Then wait three, four or five years developing no name prospects, hoping most turn into bona fide starters. Let alone stars? Projecting the future of prospects is still a crap shoot, even highly rated ones. 

Hardly the way to endear a franchise to a fan base. Talk about alienation. And with uncertain ownership.

Harken back to Gary Carter traded for Hubie Brooks, Mike Fitzgerald, Floyd Youmans and Herm Winningham. All highly rated young players. None of whom moved the franchise needle while Carter was a key Series winning player. 

History is littered with similar results more often than not. 

Marlins nod heads emphatically in approval.