• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Moreno Family Exploring Sale of the Los Angeles Angels

axalar

Just now, AngelsFaninGA said:

That's asking for a lot. Probably narrows the pool down to about 4 people, none of whom are close to billionaires

Pictures rich guy pulling out pen, clicking it open, saying "where do I sign?"

Sees bottom of the lineup.... clicks pen closed.... does the courtesy "do you have a card? Let me talk it over with my wife."

13 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Time to trade him then in the off-season.   Try to get a #2-3 starter, a top 40 overall prospect, and a just outside top 100 prospect.

Probably can’t do any better than that, with just 1 season to FA.

Well, whoever gets him, gets insane production, the inside track on an extension and can also offer a qualifying offer and get a borderline first round pick. 

So I think he's probably still worth a package of 4+ prospects, one of them being a top 10, two being top 100 and a fourth or even fifth just outside that range.

For instance, if the Angels and Cardinals made this trade, you'd be looking at Jordan Walker, Masyn Winn, Matthew Liberatore and Alec Burleson as a return. That's a future all-star starting 3B (blocked by Arenado and Gorman), legit starting SS (which makes him, Neto, Rengifo and Jackson immediate trade bait for an even higher return), a middle rotation starter, and a starting corner outfielder with a well rounded game. Not to mention, every player in this package is MLB ready. 

Not trading Shohei could potentially doom this franchise because they'd get nothing in return and wouldn't have a replacement. Trading Shohei for that kind of package has the potential of saving the future of this team. They've been top-heavy for too long. That package makes them a more well rounded team.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

i'd like to see them go back to california or anaheim angels.

i'd also like to see a revamp of the uniform. the red A on the red hat needs to change, for starters.

There's a lot I would like to see. Definitely a new uniform. As I've said before, the font and uniform style was really cool 20 years ago, along with Nickelback and Hoobastank. It's not old enough to be vintage, traditional or retro. It's just stupid and outdated. 

The name should return to California Angels, in just the same way the Rangers are Texas. 

The stadium... Either move, rebuild it renevate. The Angels need something that isn't cookie cutter, that reflects the lifestyle of Southern California, and no not the homeless. Also, I'd downsize the seating capacity. That's great they can fit 45k people, but when 15k show up, it's empty and depressing. Maybe go down to 30k capacity with intimate seating that feels like you're on top of the action and sell out every night.

Beyond that, hire a GM that can build a legacy here of smart investments and a strong farm system. 

29 minutes ago, Second Base said:

There's a lot I would like to see. Definitely a new uniform. As I've said before, the font and uniform style was really cool 20 years ago, along with Nickelback and Hoobastank. It's not old enough to be vintage, traditional or retro. It's just stupid and outdated. 

The name should return to California Angels, in just the same way the Rangers are Texas. 

The stadium... Either move, rebuild it renevate. The Angels need something that isn't cookie cutter, that reflects the lifestyle of Southern California, and no not the homeless. Also, I'd downsize the seating capacity. That's great they can fit 45k people, but when 15k show up, it's empty and depressing. Maybe go down to 30k capacity with intimate seating that feels like you're on top of the action and sell out every night.

Beyond that, hire a GM that can build a legacy here of smart investments and a strong farm system. 

Yes to all... My concern, however, is just wanting an owner that will allow it. 

That's why I like Steve Ballmer or a Ballmer-type guy. 

He's someone that can immediately financially compete against the Dodgers/Yankee/Mets with payroll and he's known as an owner to hire the right people while stepping back and letting them do their jobs. 

All our owner needs to do is that. 

3 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Yes to all... My concern, however, is just wanting an owner that will allow it. 

That's why I like Steve Ballmer or a Ballmer-type guy. 

He's someone that can immediately financially compete against the Dodgers/Yankee/Mets with payroll and he's known as an owner to hire the right people while stepping back and letting them do their jobs. 

All our owner needs to do is that. 

Even if we don't have that, a smart GM and front office staff can do wonders. Oakland and Tampa Bay are prime examples. If the Angels could hire someone that operated at that level, the owner wouldn't effect the on the field product so much. He could just focus on things like the uniform, name and the stadium. 

3 hours ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Average wrongful death lawsuits for public entities are 2m. Clearly his earning potential and age will inflate that, but with total liability for the angels being not 100% that will offset it. I deal with these claims all day long. Had the dude been a vegetable instead of dying, his family would be entitled to 20x that number. 

Skaggs willfully took the drugs.  They would not want me on the jury.

10 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Winner winner chicken dinner.

RIP to him. 

But I'll go to at least 5 "Skaggs" events this week at work alone. Just in shittier hotel rooms.

He, sadly, was just a sign of the times. And I'm sure he would have had said habit no matter where he was playing.

16 minutes ago, stormngt said:

I agree with you. Doesn’t mean they don’t look at the employer as partially responsible. Especially considering another employee provided the substance. If a city dump truck hits and kills someone, it doesn’t matter if the guy was shitfaced. The company is still liable. Lawsuits always find their way to the deepest pockets.

1 minute ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

I agree with you. Doesn’t mean they don’t look at the employer as partially responsible. Especially considering another employee provided the substance. If a city dump truck hits and kills someone, it doesn’t matter if the guy was shitfaced. The company is still liable. Lawsuits always find their way to the deepest pockets.

Unless there is proof it was part of company policy and not a rogue employee,  I would side with the Angels.

Want to see a real nightmare team sale? That ended with a team relocating? If Arte was as big a prick as Loria you may have to endure some of this. Different dynamics, but the carpetbagger mindset was behind it. And ironically Loria with in Florida before dismantling and flipping the team again.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/118868-how-jeffrey-loria-destroyed-the-montreal-exposnationals

22 hours ago, Chris said:

I expect Disney to buy the team and land, and promptly move the team to Las Vegas.  Then Disney will use the land for an additional theme park. 

Vegas has 2 M residents, the Metro LA area is 20 M.