• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Moreno Family Exploring Sale of the Los Angeles Angels

axalar

11 minutes ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

I would think once it was announced today.... I think it's going to be like blood in the water a little churning to see what's there... Balmer, Samueli's, Cuban... It is going to be someone who already has strong roots in Southern CA. (which may pull Cuban out as he would know the issues with running a business in CA). IT's going to be the experienced ones... (Balmer, Samueli, maybe a Group of Executives/Hollywood types, or a Real Estate guy like Bren. The Irvine Company has land for a new Stadium)... 

Or, like a Balmer/Bren partnership... 

Bren would never own a pro sports team. He's a very private person and hates the limelight.

2 hours ago, eaterfan said:

I think Samueli will be a major bidder. 

They are developing the area around the Pond and I'm sure they would like to control the development around Angels stadium if/when that happens. He also is nearly twice as wealthy as Arte.

BTW, net worth according to Google (who knows how accurate these measures are, or the liquidity situation is) has Samueli at $7.1 billion, Cuban at $4.6 billion, and Arte at $4.1)

If you want a largely hands off owner with a lot of money to burn, Samueli is a better option than Cuban.

I want someone 10x as wealthy at least. Someone like the Rams owner. Someone that could spend a billion dollars the way l would spend $20.

15 minutes ago, Second Base said:

If Trump bought the Angels, it would be entertaining. 

- There'd be so much turnover in the front office. A new GM every six months. 

- The team would win ball games again because the Angels would never conceed a loss

- There'd be a lot more reporters snooping around the clubhouse. 

More lawsuits.

Just now, ScottT said:

So, everyone wants an owner that is wealthy and will blow through the luxury tax threshold?    Shocking.

What was the initial reaction to Arte Moreno?   I cannot remember.  

Ideally, it would be like what Guggenheim has done.

Surpass the tax threshold while also building a strong baseball savvy FO and infrastructure.

Ballmer would be someone with the ability to do both in the short term (2-3 years exceeding tax threshold while making the strong FO and infrastructure a permanent thing).

1 minute ago, Docwaukee said:

While I'm optimistic that this could be a good thing for the franchise, I hope Arte is healthy.  He's been absent for quite a bit and is now selling the team.  

Yeah, same. Haven't seen him in a long time.

I don't like him as an owner but I don't want him to be un-well.

Is this the absolute worst season in Angels history? The culmination of a downward spiral of recent seasons.

Factoring in on field results (won/lost numbers + individual player performances ), front office and farm system disappointment, managerial change, and now lame duck ownership. 

Seems things are as disappointing as they can get. Especially with Ohtani in his prime and Trout still elite ( when he plays). There have been very bad teams, and a variety of other problems, but this season seems to be a real toxic mix.

2 minutes ago, Docwaukee said:

While I'm optimistic that this could be a good thing for the franchise, I hope Arte is healthy.  He's been absent for quite a bit and is now selling the team.  

I have nothing against him other than how he ran the Halos.

Hoping his health is okay.