• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (8/19/22): Angels @ Tigers - Trout back and batting 2nd

mmc

4 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

Congratulations on Patrick Sandoval’s first complete game EVER!!  Minors or Major leagues. 

light that baby up

BBD17996-AFF7-491C-A035-6FE7FFA5AF5D.gif

Had to miss the last few innings at work. Congrats to Sandoval. He's one of the young guys who gives hope. Real excited for him.

10 minutes ago, eligrba4ever said:

I was in and out on errands during the some of the game. Did Gubi and Matt ever appear in the same booth, or was Gubi in Santa Monica and Matt in Detroit. The Gubi comment I took notice of sounded like he was on a phone.

They were in the same booth. I did find it kinda funny how uncomfortable Gubi reacted to Matt V jokingly impersonating Phil Nevin (voice and all).

29 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

Scoccia and Maddon most likely pull Sandoval in the 7th or 8th only to see the Arson squad do their thing.  Loving how the pitchers now get to battle through the bad times, and finish games off old school.

When were those bad times? Sandoval dominated the Tigers the entire game. Of the 4 hitters to reach first base,  three ended up involved in double plays. None made it to second base.  

It wasn't a heavyweight battle of the titans, but better to win than lose. 

A real boost for Sandoval's confidence, going nine. Strange though because he didn't have to work out of any jams. His trouble has usually come with men on base. Good thing Detroit hitters are worse than the Angels.

Credit to the infield too for clean double plays.

Watching the Detroit broadcast was strange. I don't know if he has a medical condition, but Kirk Gibson sounds really rough. 

55 minutes ago, Duren, Duren said:

It wasn't a heavyweight battle of the titans, but better to win than lose. 

A real boost for Sandoval's confidence, going nine. Strange though because he didn't have to work out of any jams. His trouble has usually come with men on base. Good thing Detroit hitters are worse than the Angels.

Credit to the infield too for clean double plays.

Watching the Detroit broadcast was strange. I don't know if he has a medical condition, but Kirk Gibson sounds really rough. 

He was diagnosed with Parkinson's in 2015.  I just discovered this about a week ago while surfing old Vin Scully broadcast calls.