• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Angels’ 3B Problem: It’s somehow even worse than you think

BTH

1 minute ago, mmc said:

Duffy is starting a rehab assignment.  Something will have to give once he comes back

Duffy isn’t eligible to be activated off the 60-day IL until 8/27. That’s 2 weeks.

Riding it out with Gosselin/Rojas for two weeks instead of giving Stefanic and/or Thaiss an opportunity would be a mistake IMO.

9 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I would love to see a guy brought in that can play 1st and 3rd, bats right handed and can start against lefties. Someone like Justin Turner.  

I'd be ok with a Justin Turner type, just not Justin Turner himself.

Solid as hell MLB player. Borderline star.

Also a redhead with a horrible beard. Looks like teen wolf. Can't stand him

1 minute ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I'd be ok with a Justin Turner type, just not Justin Turner himself.

Solid as hell MLB player. Borderline star.

Also a redhead with a horrible beard. Looks like teen wolf. Can't stand him

He looks like the “Yellow King” from season one of True Detective.  

9 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I would love to see a guy brought in that can play 1st and 3rd, bats right handed and can start against lefties. Someone like Justin Turner.  

Our current 1B is a platoon specific player with a sub .300 OBP. Meaning of Justin Turner is brought in, he'd be the inevitable Rendon injury away from making Jared Walsh the everyday 1B.

It's literally the easiest position to fill of you need offense. 

Jared Walsh should either be in AAA or gone altogether if Minasian is indeed serious about upgrading the offense. However, I don't believe he is, and I think you're right, it'll be Jared Walsh and it'll be reflective of the lack of decision making ability within the organization.

8 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

You're saying two guys who come from our farm as 3Bs can't be worse? That's almost daring the baseball gods.

"Hold my rally monkey" - baseball god of angel prospects

Even if they are worse, I’d rather see Stefanic/Thaiss struggle and gain MLB reps than see Gosselin/Rojas consistently run out there.

6 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Our current 1B is a platoon specific player with a sub .300 OBP. Meaning of Justin Turner is brought in, he'd be the inevitable Rendon injury away from making Jared Walsh the everyday 1B.

It's literally the easiest position to fill of you need offense. 

Jared Walsh should either be in AAA or gone altogether if Minasian is indeed serious about upgrading the offense. However, I don't believe he is, and I think you're right, it'll be Jared Walsh and it'll be reflective of the lack of decision making ability within the organization.

Or they expect a bounce back season from him. It’s also possible they can find what’s wrong or the new hitting coach will be able to.  It isn’t just doom and gloom if they see him as the first baseman.