• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jared Walsh's Future: what do you think the Angels WILL do with Jared Walsh next season?

BTH

What do you think the Angels WILL do with Jared Walsh next season?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think the Angels WILL do with Jared Walsh next season?

• Give him the 1B job again.
    • Find a RHH platoon partner for him and give him the 1B job vs. RHP.
    • Relegate him to a bench role.
    • Keep him and send him to AAA as depth.
    • Non-tender him.

11 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

Not going to argue semantics with you.  The point:  In early 2021 Walsh was being compared to Justin Turner, Manny Machado, Kyle Seager, Juan Soto.  That fits the general description of "can't miss".

I don't remember seeing anyone, whether fans or writers, say anything like that. I'm honestly curious: Who was making these comparisons? 

10 hours ago, TempeAngel said:

Really? I don't remember him being compared to those guys. I mean he turned 28 at mid-season so maybe Justin Turner?

Obviously you have an inflated opinion of your baseball knowledge, that you can't back up.   Sorry if your board rep (if there is one that matters) takes a hit, but with minimal research you could have found this piece.  Moving forward please do yourself a favor and choose your battles with discretion.

https://www.mlb.com/news/how-jared-walsh-backed-up-his-breakout-in-2021

I recall nobody on this board EVER thinking Walsh was comparable to Machado, Soto, etc.

I recall many being happy that the Angels had a guy that looked like he could be an adequate first baseman for cheap.

Anyway, now that we know we were all wrong about Fletcher consistently hitting 50 homers a year, what should we do with him?

7 hours ago, Swordsman78 said:

Obviously you have an inflated opinion of your baseball knowledge, that you can't back up.   Sorry if your board rep (if there is one that matters) takes a hit, but with minimal research you could have found this piece.  Moving forward please do yourself a favor an choose your battles with discretion.

So you read one article that pointed out that Walsh's barrel rate in a very small sample was on a list with those players - but not only is that one single author, but he wasn't even really saying that Walsh was of the same caliber of player, and certainly not saying Walsh was "can't miss."

So rather than owning your silly hyperbole, you're just being a prick. Nice.

12 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

We should have just kept CJ Cron

Maybe we can pick up his brother Kevin Cron.  He's a free agent.

His 2019 line was ridiculous:

Year Age Tm Lg G PA AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI SB CS BB SO BA OBP SLG OPS OPS+ TB GDP HBP SH SF IBB Pos
2019 26 ARI-min AAA,Rk 84 379 310 82 102 20 1 39 107 1 2 61 79 .329 .446 .777 1.223   241 7 6 0 2 5

8 hours ago, Swordsman78 said:

Obviously you have an inflated opinion of your baseball knowledge, that you can't back up.   Sorry if your board rep (if there is one that matters) takes a hit, but with minimal research you could have found this piece.  Moving forward please do yourself a favor an choose your battles with discretion.

Must be difficult to read such ill informed posts from people such as myself.

Looking forward to reading about your extensive baseball experience providing you with the depth of knowledge many of us will never achieve.  I will take your answer off the air.

I'd like to see what Walsh can do with actual development and coaching, because I'd like to think a year and a half of solid performance wasn't a total fluke. Can we send him back down and see if he can pull a Detmers? Because our major league staff seems categorically incapable of helping players make adjustments and thus achieve any sort of sustained success.  

9 hours ago, Swordsman78 said:

Stop being a dick to other posters.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, eligrba said:

Must be difficult to read such ill informed posts from people such as myself.

Looking forward to reading about your extensive baseball experience providing you with the depth of knowledge many of us will never achieve.  I will take your answer off the air.

You again?   You’re more proficient (barely) posting about things related to AAA.   Please Stick to that content/forum.

50 minutes ago, Lou said:

Stop being a dick to other posters.

Thank you.

Don’t recall anyone requesting your input.

I simply posted a take related to many peoples observations about Walsh back in 2020/21.

Then some board wizard starts sh*tting on the post, not once but twice.   So I back it up with a link. 

I understand that  supporting documentation is a nuisance to some.

No worries though. Lou’s goona Lou.

I get it and it’s expected from people who rarely bring their “A” game to the forum.

2 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

So you read one article that pointed out that Walsh's barrel rate in a very small sample was on a list with those players - but not only is that one single author, but he wasn't even really saying that Walsh was of the same caliber of player, and certainly not saying Walsh was "can't miss."

So rather than owning your silly hyperbole, you're just being a prick. Nice.

How many articles do you require?  You haven’t posted any back up to your counter claim.  

I knew you would retreat into semantics rather than address the general gist of the post.

Show us where you posted a contrary take back in 2020/21.

Definition of can't-miss

: certain to have a favorable result, performance, or reception

5 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

Don’t recall anyone requesting your input.

I simply posted a take related to many peoples observations about Walsh back in 2020/21.

Then some board wizard starts sh*tting on the post, not once but twice.   So I back it up with a link. 

I understand that  supporting documentation is a nuisance to some.

No worries though. Lou’s goona Lou.

I get it and it’s expected from people who rarely bring their “A” game to the forum.

This may not end well for you.

6 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

I recall nobody on this board EVER thinking Walsh was comparable to Machado, Soto, etc.

I recall many being happy that the Angels had a guy that looked like he could be an adequate first baseman for cheap.

Anyway, now that we know we were all wrong about Fletcher consistently hitting 50 homers a year, what should we do with him?

My post was not limited to the observations of the semi pro types on this board 

Your second paragraph does capture somewhat, the gist of my original comment 

22 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

How many articles do you require?  You haven’t posted any back up to your counter claim.  

I knew you would retreat into semantics rather than address the general gist of the post.

Show us where you posted a contrary take back in 2020/21.

Definition of can't-miss

: certain to have a favorable result, performance, or reception

Well, one article that calls him "can't miss" would be a start. But you didn't do that.

Everyone was happy when Walsh emerged in 2020 - but no on called him a can't miss prospect, and no one said he was as good as Machado, Soto, etc, or compared him to those players beyond one single chart related to barrel rate. 

You're making a fool of yourself.

5 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Well, one article that calls him "can't miss" would be a start. But you didn't do that.

Everyone was happy when Walsh emerged in 2020 - but no on called him a can't miss prospect, and no one said he was as good as Machado, Soto, etc, or compared him to those players beyond one single chart related to barrel rate. 

You're making a fool of yourself.

Ok.  “Everyone was happy”.  

turning the page now.

This dude is picking fights with regular long term posters, including me last week, and calling out long time blog writers for being unprepared...and with 232 posts to his credit.

Mods, Just ban him.

37 minutes ago, Lou said:

Pushing back is fine. Being a dick while doing so is not. 

You've been formally warned. 

Edited by Hubs

37 minutes ago, Hubs said:

This dude is picking fights with regular long term posters, including me last week, and calling out long time blog writers for being unprepared...and with 232 posts to his credit.

Mods, Just ban him.

You got pushed back on for stating “Nevin has done a terrible job”, then escalated that on your subsequent post with stating that I was “smoking crack”.    

Walsh needs an off season of practice and tweaks to his stance, pitch selection and swing. He lost his groove and needs to find it again. And a boost of confidence too. 

An all time great Ted Williams here mentors raw rookie Yaz on hitting. Which would later produce a triple crown winner. 

Walsh could use something similar. Someone like a Rod Carew or other elite hitter who work with him. 

IMG_20220809_111018_4.jpg