• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

August 4, 1997

On 8/6/2022 at 11:34 AM, AngelsLakersFan said:

This shit is gona happen for real some day but it's gona be closer to 2297 than 1997.

Meh, I don't know...

Was just talking about this over the weekend. The robot vacuum I bought on Prime day not only maps my house, but knows how to go back to its housing and empty itself.

I feel like every day, it's learning more and more.

And at some point will realize (cue bar robot voice) "the human literally just drinks all day, and watches pointless youtube clips of people falling and hurting themselves... I can take over easy"

48 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Meh, I don't know...

Was just talking about this over the weekend. The robot vacuum I bought on Prime day not only maps my house, but knows how to go back to its housing and empty itself.

I feel like every day, it's learning more and more.

And at some point will realize (cue bar robot voice) "the human literally just drinks all day, and watches pointless youtube clips of people falling and hurting themselves... I can take over easy"

Just imagine your robot vacuum is upgraded to an AI programmed to keep the floors clean. Everyday it gets better and better at cleaning up the floor, until one day it realizes… you’re the one making all the messes…

This kinda sounds funny but it’s actually a real and serious problem, and the AI people don’t know how to solve it.

24 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Just imagine your robot vacuum is upgraded to an AI programmed to keep the floors clean. Everyday it gets better and better at cleaning up the floor, until one day it realizes… you’re the one making all the messes…

This kinda sounds funny but it’s actually a real and serious problem, and the AI people don’t know how to solve it.

I'm obviously just making a dumb joke, but the idea you're talking about is fascinating. And I actually do believe in it. 

I heard a story similar to it today on the radio how in the near future, software tech is going to leap, because computers will be writing it themselves, not humans. 

The idea of it all is scary to a point, but really cool at the same time.

The next 20 years for example.... everything is probably going to look a hell of a lot different in 2044. (Angels still in 3rd place, but other than that).

*nerd alert

I watched like 15 minutes of back to the future 2 on Saturday. It stuck out to me how much of the "future tech" in that movie is real and standard now. Like Alexa.

(I have an alexa in my bedroom, next to the door to my master bathroom..... alexa knows I'm both a dirty pervert, and that I eat too much fiber)

2 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I'm obviously just making a dumb joke, but the idea you're talking about is fascinating. And I actually do believe in it. 

I heard a story similar to it today on the radio how in the near future, software tech is going to leap, because computers will be writing it themselves, not humans. 

The idea of it all is scary to a point, but really cool at the same time.

The next 20 years for example.... everything is probably going to look a hell of a lot different in 2044. (Angels still in 3rd place, but other than that).

*nerd alert

I watched like 15 minutes of back to the future 2 on Saturday. It stuck out to me how much of the "future tech" in that movie is real and standard now. Like Alexa.

(I have an alexa in my bedroom, next to the door to my master bathroom..... alexa knows I'm both a dirty pervert, and that I eat too much fiber)

Ya I’ve played with the AI that writes code for you. You still need to guide it though. There are a lot of next order consequences to stuff like this.

If you’ve ever written a computer program you know what can happen when it doesn’t work the way you planned. As technology becomes more integrated in our lives we become more at risk when things go wrong. I’m pretty confident it will turn into a disaster at some point.

16 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

As technology becomes more integrated in our lives we become more at risk when things go wrong. I’m pretty confident it will turn into a disaster at some point.

Like the time that one guys phone autocorrected "fletcher" to "fleshlight"