• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread Rangers @ Angels 7/31/2022 Detmers on the mound no Fletcher

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Is the entire MLB umpiring staff comprised of complete idiots? Sierra did nothing to interfere or run out of the basepath, the Rangers first baseman botched the play. Nevin needs to file a protest. 

He's not in the running lane (because its out of the way)... it's a stupid rule but they call it all the time.

I swear to god half the shitty calls that just "pop up" and go against the Angels (like that batter interference call when we stole 3rd base and the right handed batter didn't do shit) would NEVER happen against the Stankees. It feels like the umpires relentlessly fuck with the Angel's whether it's terrible strike zones or bullshit calls that make no sense.

27 minutes ago, Trendon said:

that's like the 4th or 5th time a LF has gotten eaten up by that LF side wall this series. I've never seen anyone get twisted and turned around by that LF side wall before this series. What is going on???

So I know this will probably sound stupid but when I was going to ballgames consistently, I would show up early for batting practice and plant myself right on the left field wall between the foul pole and the gap for the bullpen. So if grounders came down the line I could hang down the fence and snag them. And believe it or not there IS a sweet spot on that wall where the balls consistently will roll to after they come down the line and bang of the wall in left. And it was like a pinball machine, if a ball was coming down the line, it consistently would bounce in a space of 3 to 4 feet almost every time, and I would sit in the same spot and get a ball pretty much every game. I have a drawer full of balls just by sitting down the line and hanging my glove down the walls against balls that banged against that wall. 

I have a feeling Garret Anderson knows about that bounce and sweet spot...