• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Will Shohei be traded?

Will Shohei be traded?   

52 members have voted

1. 1. After reading his comments after last nights loss, do you think Shohei will be traded before this years trade deadline?

• Yes
    • No

35 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

I can't imagine any player would ever want to be an Oriole after they've massacred the field with that absurd wall in left field. 

What did we miss, 5 or 6 home runs that series because of that stupid wall? 2 or 3 of them were Ohtani oppo bombs, too. 

Ohtani deserves better on the field but I don't think he'll be traded before the deadline.

He probably should be traded now to get max value out of him (like others said 2 playoff opportunities instead of 1) because I can't imagine he wants to be here, but I doubt it happens. 

They should have only moved the LF fence back half the distance they ended up doing.   375 feet is enough to not hurt the pitchers and also not torture the batters.   390 is just ridiculous on the hitters!

4 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

They should have only moved the LF fence back half the distance they ended up doing.   375 feet is enough to not hurt the pitchers and also not torture the batters.   390 is just ridiculous on the hitters!

Not only the distance but they almost DOUBLED the height of the wall. It went from 7 feet to 13 feet! Absolutely destroyed the field and I hear all the away announcers when I watch Baltimore home games bitching and moaning about what a stupid decision it was. 

6 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

Not only the distance but they almost DOUBLED the height of the wall. It went from 7 feet to 13 feet! Absolutely destroyed the field and I hear all the away announcers when I watch Baltimore home games bitching and moaning about what a stupid decision it was. 

Should have only increased the fence height to 8-10 feet.

It was the FO overreacting to bad pitching performances.

Edited by Angel Oracle

2 hours ago, Second Base said:

The Padres are offering CJ Abrams, Adrian Morejon, Mackenzie Gore, Robert Hassell III and more for Juan Soto.

That's a franchise altering amount of talent, all of which is major league ready or will be soon, which removes the uncertainty. 

You're looking at a star starting SS, two major league ready lefties that project toward the middle or front of a rotation and one of the best OF prospects in baseball, that doesn't come with the red flags that Adell or Marsh had (that's not to say they both won't figure it out, but the learning curve being a steep one should've been foreseen). 

If anyone is offering that for Ohtani, then I hope the Angels make that trade, both for their sake and Ohtani's. 

Everyone keeps talking about and comping Soto - As though it's an actual comp!?!??!  

The Soto deal is the floor for Ohtani.  Ohtani's a front-end starter AND an All-Star hitter (not to mention, he's AS capable as Soto, it not more so, on defense)...

The biggest L this org could take, would be taking any deal comparable or similar to Soto...

I voted no but I think they should be looking to move him if they aren't planning on extending him or if they don't think they can.  With the news about Trout's back and the fact that Rendon has missed more games than he's played since signing with the Angels the franchises current outlook is pretty bleak.  Things can always turn around I just don't have much faith that they will given the track record of the last so many years but I hope I'm wrong.  In a perfect world the Angels wouldn't have signed Rendon and they'd be extending Ohtani but that's obviously not the case.  It's almost comical how bad the Angels big FA signings have been the last 15 years.  

18 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

How many Baltimore home games have you watched?

I don’t want to trade Trout or Ohtani.  But with a gun to my head, I trade Trout instead of Ohtani.

Ohtani is purely thrilling and he is two complete players while Trout is one, and one that both older and injury prone.

But I don’t want to trade either.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I say no. This team needs more frontline pitching as it is so trading him just makes that problem worse. With that said, if they get an offer they can’t refuse then they should consider it 

If only the O’s trade proposed by AJ had legs to it, the Halos would get a potential ace down the road back in Rodriguez, plus a big lefty arm in Hall.

Add in Detmers, Sandoval, and maybe CRod, that’s a controllable quintet in the rotation plus drawing on the increased upper minors depth.

Need to finally get the right youth infusion, and fill in around them with guys like Farmer (trade) and Contreras (FA).

Not a total rebuild, but a much needed restructuring of the roster to no longer be so top heavy.

Edited by Angel Oracle

7 hours ago, Stradling said:

I don’t know if it is just how I feel about the team right now, or what, but to me it feels like he is going to be moved.  I can’t fathom a situation where Arte would trade him if Ohtani gave any indication he would be willing to resign.  They would get a pretty nice haul for him and if he is to be traded I would assume it won’t happen until the Soto trade happens to maximize the return.  We will see.

Vote!

Journalist are reporting on Twitter that "Ohtani wants to test Free Agency".  

Maybe his agent told them his isn't signing an extension.  If true....trade him

Edited by stormngt

3 hours ago, Second Base said:

Their precedence and reputation with position player prospects fits this. They've really messed up with some guys. It's crazy Rengifo it's just now breaking out at the major league level, this should've happened a couple years ago, and it appears Walsh's development wasn't sustainable as he's been awful and hasn't adjusted. 

But in regards to pitching, they've actually done pretty well. Silseth's leap, Rodriguez and Bachman when they aren't injured, Ky Bush... I think Morejon and Gore would do well here. 

This is the first time he has received consistent playing time since his first year.

14 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Another point.

If we trade Ohtani them we should ask Trout if he wants to waive his no trade clause to play for a winner.  Trade Trout in off season.

I’m fine with trading him and his salary but he’s damaged goods at this point and has lost a lot of his value. He will be viewed as another Pujols

56 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Another point.

If we trade Ohtani them we should ask Trout if he wants to waive his no trade clause to play for a winner.  Trade Trout in off season.

Yeah, right. Minasian and Moreno are going to tell Trout that they're losers.

I vote yes. Ohtani’s value right now won’t get any higher.  Yes more teams could be involved in the off season, but right now, there are enough contending teams who would prefer to get at least a season and a half out of him versus one. 

Also, the Angels risk injury by holding on to him longer. It’s the best course for this organization to trade him before deadline. 

Edited by jordan

1 hour ago, stormngt said:

Journalist are reporting on Twitter that "Ohtani wants to test Free Agency".  

Maybe his agen told them his isn't signing an extension.  If true....trade him

Agree. All we know is his comments after last night's game. Assuming he has told the Angels that he wants to leave, then yes trade him.

2 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Trading Ohtani says just that.

Ohtani trade indicates a total rebuild.  

I don't think that's it at all.

If Ohtani says he isn't going to sign here or that he 100% will test free agency, then trading him makes the most sense. You get value for him where you otherwise wouldn't.