• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jim Bowden: “[The Angels will] listen to all trade offers”

BTH

• BTH changed the title to Jim Bowden: “[The Angels will] listen to all trade offers”
8 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Jim Bowden being Jim Bowden, loves the clicks on his articles.

Nothing to see here

Just now, T.G. said:

Actually.... John Morosi said the opposite...

Bowden tends to be a bomb thrower so I don’t take what he says as gospel…he does know front office folks so he’s not totally clueless…

1 minute ago, T.G. said:

You started two identical threads.

Are you off your meds?

They aren’t identical.

One is about Shohei Ohtani exclusively, and particularly the Mets interest in him.

The other is about the Angels willingness to listen to all players and their desire to build depth in the majors and minors.

But if a mod wants to merge these threads, feel free to.

I hope Ohtani ends up on big stage. Angels have failed to put winning team around him and Trout. I have loved watching both players perform for halos, but they should be on playoff teams. After seven losing seasons something has to change. This is not a contending team, nor does it have a minor league system to make big trades. So many question marks and holes to fill. 

18 minutes ago, T.G. said:

We have a thread in this forum!

Morosi just said “the Angels are indicating they have no plans to move” Ohtani.

Bowden is saying they’ll listen on offers, which is not conflicting information. Bowden reiterated the same thing as Morosi, but Bowden made added the info that the Angels are willing to listen.

19 minutes ago, Trendon said:

Morosi just said “the Angels are indicating they have no plans to move” Ohtani.

Bowden is saying they’ll listen on offers, which is not conflicting information. Bowden reiterated the same thing as Morosi, but Bowden made added the info that the Angels are willing to listen.

I really don't care... just seems to me that it's all the same conversation and it's easier to keep it one thread... but again... I really don't care.  Forget I mentioned it.

I love Ohtani.

I have no words to describe the fun he has brought, the history we've witnessed.

However I think it's fair to consider him at least minimally an injury risk, and the contract he will get will shatter everything. Additionally if Ohtani has indicated he will not extend here we need to do what's wise. 

If we can acquire 3-5 high end prospects not far away we need to listen. We can always attempt to resign him in free agency like the Yankees did with Chapman. They got a ton of prospects from the Cubs, and then signed him. 

1 hour ago, Angels 1961 said:

I hope Ohtani ends up on big stage. Angels have failed to put winning team around him and Trout. I have loved watching both players perform for halos, but they should be on playoff teams. After seven losing seasons something has to change. This is not a contending team, nor does it have a minor league system to make big trades. So many question marks and holes to fill. 

image.gif

“The Angels are telling teams they need to listen on everyone following the surprise collapse of their team off a very strong start that had them in first place in May.”

“While the Angels’ most likely sell pieces are starter Noah Syndergaard, closer Raisel Iglesias and relievers Ryan Tepera and Aaron Loup, they are engaging when rival executives mention Ohtani.”

On 7/26/2022 at 4:22 PM, Chuckster70 said:

As they should. 

The only option they haven't tried the past decade is a true "sell" or by-the-books rebuild. If they know it won't alienate Trout or Ohtani (or if they know he's a goner regardless) maybe it's time to try something different. The Mariners (ugh) are showing that you can do pull off a two-year rebuild if you trade right.

I'm still not advocating for it or wanting it, but it's fair to say it's the one strategy they haven't tried.

Ship off Ward, Walsh, Iglesias, Sandoval, a reliever if you can, consider Ohtani, scoop up a ton of AA-AAA-MLB players. 
Between that haul, the pitcher-heavy drafts the last three years, and the current unproven youngsters we have (Adell, Marsh, Detmers, Silseth, Rengifo) playing out this year to determine what we have should give you a deep enough pool of talent to turn and buy from in trades as soon as next year or between 2023-2024. 

Not my plan, the the plan, just an alternative plan to what's been done. 

31 minutes ago, totdprods said:

The only option they haven't tried the past decade is a true "sell" or by-the-books rebuild. If they know it won't alienate Trout or Ohtani (or if they know he's a goner regardless) maybe it's time to try something different. The Mariners (ugh) are showing that you can do pull off a two-year rebuild if you trade right.

I'm still not advocating for it or wanting it, but it's fair to say it's the one strategy they haven't tried.

Ship off Ward, Walsh, Iglesias, Sandoval, a reliever if you can, consider Ohtani, scoop up a ton of AA-AAA-MLB players. 
Between that haul, the pitcher-heavy drafts the last three years, and the current unproven youngsters we have (Adell, Marsh, Detmers, Silseth, Rengifo) playing out this year to determine what we have should give you a deep enough pool of talent to turn and buy from in trades as soon as next year or between 2023-2024. 

Not my plan, the the plan, just an alternative plan to what's been done. 

I agree but with Trout's injury he would be almost impossible to move now. Just 2 big contracts with Rendon and Trout. If Minasian said they are listening on everyone seems like rebuild is coming, I will be surprised is Ohtani is not moved before deadline. Contenders get 2 cracks at WS with him. Any team Ohtani goes to I'm buying a hat, plus an Ohtani jersey.