• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bowden: “[The Angels] are fielding phone calls and they are listening [on Ohtani]”

mmc

1 minute ago, Dtwncbad said:

Yes.  In fact, Sandoval might be the last player I would trade, period.

I want him next year if I am trying to win and I also want to just keep him if I was going to trade  everybody for young emerging talent.

Agreed. Looks like he pitched like shit today but he has shown that he can pitch at a high level

Just now, tdawg87 said:

Nah man. I don't need to use up so much of my time on things that don't give me any enjoyment. I've done that enough already throughout my life.

I can’t say I blame you. I’m not as into the game of baseball as much as many posters here. I enjoy watching a good Angels team and we never get that. I have Dish Network and they don’t have Bally Sports so I can’t watch them whether they are good or bad. I’ve seen like four or five games all year so it’s easy for me to lose interest 

Just now, failos said:

I can't argue with that, but I have season tickets so I have to find some consolation.

If you truly enjoy the game as opposed to just the Angels (like me) then I think you can still find some enjoyment out of your season tickets 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

If you truly enjoy the game as opposed to just the Angels (like me) then I think you can still find some enjoyment out of your season tickets 

I do find enjoyment now. It's always fun to be at the ballpark, and I've done some great networking (landed a side gig as the CTO of a startup.), but it's not fun to watch your team suck, regardless.

1 minute ago, failos said:

I do find enjoyment now. It's always fun to be at the ballpark, and I've done some great networking (landed a side gig as the CTO of a startup.), but it's not fun to watch your team suck, regardless.

Nothing with the Diamond Club hottie?

8 hours ago, bloodbrother said:

Signing Ohtani to an extension is obviously their top priority, so until they get a firm no on the possibility of that, their stance makes sense. Ideally, they come to a solution one way or another on this during the offseason. If Ohtani's camp indicates he won't re-sign, then the Angels need to do the smart thing and trade him for as much as they can get. He's a once in a lifetime talent, but the price will decline the longer they wait and teams won't be as interested in paying so much for just a 2 or so month rental at next years deadline

Ohtani has given no reason for anyone to think he wants to be traded.   Remember how thrilled he was to be able to play with Trout?  That kid is still in there somewhere.

1 minute ago, failos said:

I don't shit where I eat, and I've been dating. But I do have a good relationship with the Diamond Club bartenders--free drinks and food every time I'm there haha.

Yeah I think the free food and drinks is the better deal there 

43 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I checked out weeks ago. I just don't care. 

Not sure how much I'll care next year. I guess we'll see.

Literally, the only reason I pay attention at this point is so I can come here and discuss with y'all.  And by pay attention, I'll look at a box score or watch a highlight here and there.  Like Adell trying to catch a fly ball or Ohtani hitting a hr.  

My Angels co-dependency is only facilitated by AW.  We are all encouraging each other to stay in an unfortunate relationship.  

Most of this is my fault anyway.  And I think they're gonna change.  I just need to be a better fan and things will improve.  

2 hours ago, DMVol said:

True that…but he’s also 28, not a young guy…Trout at 28 was an elite player….the question was should we consider trading him…for the same reason the Angels might consider it, I might be a little leery of trading for a 28 year old guy with a half year of above average production, if I were another team….not sure it’s a realistic scenario, to be honest…

First off, I agree we should consider trading Ward.  I think his value is at his highest.

Second, Ward has had more than a single year of average production:

2020:  716 OPs

2021:  769

2020:  866

And his numbers have improved every season.

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

Yeah I think the free food and drinks is the better deal there 

Yep, that and making a lot of my money back from selling my tickets. Overall, it's just fun being at the ballpark--I'm excited for the series vs Texas even though I know the Angels will suck.

16 minutes ago, stormngt said:

First off, I agree we should consider trading Ward.  I think his value is at his highest.

Second, Ward has had more than a single year of average production:

2020:  716 OPs

2021:  769

2020:  866

And his numbers have improved every season.

I don’t consider his 2020 and 21 numbers above average but we can disagree there…He certainly has improved each year…I’m still a little skeptical but I’m not sure I’d trade him because of it…I was just responding to the question of the thread…

Sounds like I am in the minority here, but I’d listen on offers for Ohtani. I love the guy - he is the most exciting player in baseball and seems like a good guy - but I consider trading him for these reasons: 

• This team isn’t going to be competitive before he turns 30 and enters the downside of his career.
  • His value is largely based on his pitching. He is an arm injury away from being just a solid DH. He is a very risky player. 
  • He will cost a fortune to extend.
  • The team has too much money already tied up in Trout and Rendon. Dedicating over half a team’s payroll to three guys is imprudent.
  • He could potentially bring us back two or three impact players that will set up the team much better for 2025 and beyond (when they will potentially be competitive again).

So I would listen on offers. I wouldn’t move him just to move him, but if I was overwhelmed by an offer, I’d pull the trigger. 

3 hours ago, Robrock30 said:

Trading Ohtani would be repeating the Red Sox Mistake in trading Babe Ruth which would unleash a 100 year Curse.  Treat him like the Babe and embrace the Good Fortune bestowed upon Angels Nation. 

We are currently in a curse