• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (6/24/22): Mariners @ Angels - Trout back in the lineup at CF

mmc

Just now, Erstad Grit said:

What do I don't understand about replay? Wouldn't it have to show 100% clarity to overturn the call?

At best, either way, that was inconclusive. 

Yes, which is why I’m using the term “umpire nullification”.  The umps are ignoring the standard and just ruling what they think actually happened.  

6 minutes ago, cals said:

Maybe it didn’t but if the call on the field is a HBP they need definitive proof it didn’t.  The standard isn’t “we don’t think it hit him”.

I'm not arguing for the umpires at all because 99% of them blow, but I was under the impression that New York had camera angles that they view that are different and/or aren't available to the telecast? So they can actually see plays in different angles than the ones they show on TV. However they blow replay calls all the time anyway so who knows. 

Someone brought up a scuff mark on his helmet, I didn't see that but can always go back and look. 

1 minute ago, CaliAngel said:

I'm not arguing for the umpires at all because 99% of them blow, but I was under the impression that New York had camera angles that they view that are different and/or aren't available to the telecast? So they can actually see plays in different angles than the ones they show on TV. However they blow replay calls all the time anyway so who knows. 

Someone brought up a scuff mark on his helmet, I didn't see that but can always go back and look. 

If I can see the scuff, then no doubt they should have seen it. 

1 minute ago, CaliAngel said:

I’ve heard this too, but too often it seems like they rule wha they think the “right call” is. But that’s not their job.