• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Conservative Dystopia

Teacher candidates must have a minimum of 60 college credits with a 2.5 GPA, and also must receive a passing score on the FLDOE subject area examination for bachelor’s level subjects. 

Veterans must have a minimum of 48 months of military service completed with honorable/medical discharge. If hired by a school district, they have to have a teaching mentor.

7 minutes ago, T.G. said:

Teacher candidates must have a minimum of 60 college credits with a 2.5 GPA, and also must receive a passing score on the FLDOE subject area examination for bachelor’s level subjects. 

Veterans must have a minimum of 48 months of military service completed with honorable/medical discharge. If hired by a school district, they have to have a teaching mentor.

We should make veterans doctors too. And software engineers. They just need to be mentored.

Oh, and their spouses by proxy have that magical veteran moxie that makes them qualified for jobs they're not actually qualified for.

Just now, Taylor said:

We should make veterans doctors too. And software engineers. They just need to be mentored.

Oh, and their spouses by proxy have that magical veteran moxie that makes them qualified for jobs they're not actually qualified for.

I'm not saying it's a good idea... just providing more of the actual facts.

2 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Do you have anything other than a screenshot of a Tweet?

51 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Well, we do have a pilot shortage right now.  And all veterans are pilots right?  

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

You would be surprised at how many veterans can teach. Not every military MOS is leadership driven but most leaders have experience teaching a variety of tasks. Obviously, a professional is preferred but these guys are better than the Americorps dipshits.

As a writer , you’re obviously a better choice for an English teacher and arts than me. That’s likely where it ends. I’ll have the presence and natural leadership to command the classroom the moment I enter the room. 

26 minutes ago, Tank said:

i'd like to see this.

I’ll guarantee the kids will certainly respond differently to my leadership style than the Taylor types. Kids are very good at reading the room and I’m very good At detecting insubordinate behaviors. People forget the amount of rebellious  kids that end up in the military. Those of us that served  20 years have plenty of experience leading academically challenged and unruly kids. If you think about it, we inherit a lot of public school failures. We have to teach these kids how to be technically and tactically proficient as well basic life skills. I’m retired and still teaching young soldiers basic math, accounting  , and SAP operational skills daily. 

29 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

I’ll guarantee the kids will certainly respond differently to my leadership style than the Taylor types. Kids are very good at reading the room and I’m very good At detecting insubordinate behaviors. People forget the amount of rebellious  kids that end up in the military. Those of us that served  20 years have plenty of experience leading academically challenged and unruly kids. If you think about it, we inherit a lot of public school failures. We have to teach these kids how to be technically and tactically proficient as well basic life skills. I’m retired and still teaching young soldiers basic math, accounting  , and SAP operational skills daily. 

that will work for kids that need that kind of strong arm in their lives, especially in the military where in-the-field decisions can be life or death. you'd also have plenty of kids in a classroom that need a far more gentle and loving hand from their teacher. the trick will be balancing the two. you can't be a bull in a china shop the whole time, which i'm sure you already now.

12 minutes ago, Tank said:

that will work for kids that need that kind of strong arm in their lives, especially in the military where in-the-field decisions can be life or death. you'd also have plenty of kids in a classroom that need a far more gentle and loving hand from their teacher. the trick will be balancing the two. you can't be a bull in a china shop the whole time, which i'm sure you already now.

Yes and not every soldier or student is going to be a success story. I’ve had to adapt to the softer generation over the years.
There is still no substitute for a specialized educated teacher in schools. Unfortunately, the schools have too many indoctrinated teachers with agendas. their current assistant volunteer system just brings in deadbeat libs looking for easy money in a part time role. Our kids need some traditional male types to serve more as role models. The money isn’t good enough to attract a lot of retired officers but there are plenty of senior enlisted retirees that we’re responsible for 30-2000 soldiers 24-7. There isn’t a family or behavioral situation that they haven’t navigated. From a pure leadership aspect , they’re  more qualified than most any college grad. 

22 hours ago, Kotchman said:

You would be surprised at how many veterans can teach. Not every military MOS is leadership driven but most leaders have experience teaching a variety of tasks. Obviously, a professional is preferred but these guys are better than the Americorps dipshits.

As a writer , you’re obviously a better choice for an English teacher and arts than me. That’s likely where it ends. I’ll have the presence and natural leadership to command the classroom the moment I enter the room. 

We’ve got enough teachers if imaginary characters are suitable. We’re all set. Problem solved.