• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels select Davis Daniel, activate Luis Rengifo, option Jo Adell and Jhonathan Diaz, DFA Dillon Thomas

mmc

Sounds like they are making room for some other pitchers.  Maybe Kalish, Valdez or Daniel.  Yeah, I'm thinking Ward may be ready too.  Adel was doing okay, his defense looked better, and he was getting on base.  (Update:  Probably not Valdez, he pitched seven shutout innings tonight for the Bees, and they won 3-0.)

1 hour ago, Skankhunt42 said:

Adell is getting the baseball version of blue balls. Every time he gets put into the show and starts to establish a rhythm, they pull him out and send him back. At this point, why don't they start bringing up other guys to fill in and leave him in AAA to keep working on his game. 

His plate appearances seem to get better.

The rest of it...  get better 

they're not gonna keep him up to be the 4th or 5th OFer and get 4 at bats a week.  Marsh is the better defender.  Ward has played better and there a guy named Trout.  

the bottom line is that he hasn't done enough when up to warrant being handed a full time job.  He was better in this go around and hopefully he's not so fragile that he shouldn't expect to be on the shuttle a bit based on his overall play.  If he is, then that doesn't bode well for the future.  His time will come if he keeps getting better.  

Trout is ready, I assume. And Ward will be ready Tuesday, although Adell can still play RF until then. I guess Lageres is outfield Jeppy.

Does Rengifo going on maternity open up a roster spot? If so I assume he's back. Otherwise maybe they're calling up a reliever or two until Ward is activated.

Edited by tdawg87

2 minutes ago, Blarg said:

The Angels offense has sucked ass except for Adell that hit .368/.429/.474/.902 the last six games he has been up. Meanwhile Marsh the last 11 games has hit .200/.220/.375/.595. 

What's your point? Are you saying Marsh should be sent down instead? 

I understand why it happened but he was playing pretty damn good despite the base running blunder. After last nights game he got his OPS+ to 98.  @tdawg87 if you remember a conversation we had about him last time he was sent down, this will be a good example of what happens to OPS+.  Last time he was sent down he had a 95 OPS+ on the season.  By the time he came back up it was in the 80’s. I can only assume that means league offensive numbers improved.