• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Ted Lasso was funny to me because I remember how it derived. When NBC bought the Premier League rights they started doing commercials that were lame and hacky doing these gimmicks of comparing football/soccer to the NFL. And it being some dumb Yank trying to coach soccer.

I thought they were lame, but then thought, "Actually, this might be dumbed down enough for middle America."

And then they created a TV show out of it.

FYI.  Saturday is $3 movie day at most theaters.  As I'm on the west side, and don't have AC since you only need it a few times a year and this is one of those times.  I'm watching 3 movies on Saturday.  2 repeats (Top Gun, Spiderman), and a crap movie (Bullet Train) but it's only $3.  And from what I understand, popcorn + a drink is $5 at AMC.  Cinemark a lot of concessions is $3.  So a cheap AC filled day.  

Clickbait (Netflix)

We started watching this week. Interesting show about a seemingly average guy who is kidnapped. A video of him is posted online and if it gets a certain number of views, he’ll be killed. Lots of interesting dynamics at play, including revelations about some of the characters that no one knew about. 

9 hours ago, Brandon said:

Anyone here watch Everything Everywhere All at Once? I know nothing about it, but am hearing rumblings that it’s an all-timer and the piques my interest.

I heard Santino mention it and was going to look into it. Then again, I don't really trust him judgement.

19 hours ago, Brandon said:

Anyone here watch Everything Everywhere All at Once? I know nothing about it, but am hearing rumblings that it’s an all-timer and the piques my interest.

It was pretty awesome. Probably the most unique movie I’ve seen in awhile. Bad-ass action sequences, yet really deep and poignant throughout, while also being really really funny. 

15 minutes ago, Don said:

It was pretty awesome. Probably the most unique movie I’ve seen in awhile. Bad-ass action sequences, yet really deep and poignant throughout, while also being really really funny. 

Spoiler

This was pretty funny.

The Unexpected Way The Goonies Played Into Data Actor Ke Huy Quan Joining Everything Everywhere All At Once

We'll be friends for life. He's my Goonies brother. In fact, my [Everything Everywhere] producer told me a really funny story the other day. He said never in his life did he think that he would have to talk to Chunk to get Data to be in his movie. I thought that was hilarious.

14 hours ago, Lou said:

I heard Santino mention it and was going to look into it. Then again, I don't really trust him judgement.

Yeah, that's where my question came from. The way Sam Morrill was talking about it made me interested in it. I've watched more of his We Might Be Drunk podcast he does with Normand and I learned to like his thought process and feel like he wouldn't give out a bad rec.

Movie:  Bullet Train  This one surprised me.  Wasn't expecting to enjoy this one at all.  But it's one of those movies that isn't that serious, even though it's supposed to be an action type of film.  It was more of an action comedy.  With one of those everything is connected.  It's also fun to watch Brad Pitt constantly have bad luck in slapstick kind of way.  Lot's of cameos also.  I thought it was a fun movie, and would be worth the watch if you like Brad Pitt, or when it comes out on streaming.

On a side note.  Went to 3 movies today.  Top Gun, Spiderman, and Bullet Train.  Every single one of them was sold out.  So it was either everyone wanted a cool place to beat the heat.  (I wore a light sweater) Or everyone wanted the $3 tickets.  Or in my case, it's $3, might as well watch a few flicks and beat the heat.  

Amazon:  The Lost City.  A Sandra and Tatum film.  With a bit of Brad.  Which is ironic, since the film I saw last night was a Brad film with a bit of Sandra and Tatum.  Anyways, one of those I guess Rom Com type of movies.  Potter makes a good villain.  Wasn't a great movie.  But it was entertaining enough.  Worth the watch if you are a Sandra or Tatum fan.  Just mindless entertainment.

On 9/2/2022 at 9:29 PM, gotbeer said:

Amazon:  Thirteen Lives  Documovie about the rescue of the 12 soccer player and coach from a flooded Thai cave.  It was a pretty remarkable story then.  It was an even more remarkable story now that some other facts came out.  It was definitely worth the watch.  

we watched this last night. even though it was a recent event, i didn't remember the part about how they got the kids and the coach out of the cave. what a risky strategy, but it paid off. we really enjoyed it and recommend it to anyone else. lots of subtitles on this one. and viggo mortensen was unrecognizable.

15 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Amazon:  The Lost City.  A Sandra and Tatum film.  With a bit of Brad.  Which is ironic, since the film I saw last night was a Brad film with a bit of Sandra and Tatum.  Anyways, one of those I guess Rom Com type of movies.  Potter makes a good villain.  Wasn't a great movie.  But it was entertaining enough.  Worth the watch if you are a Sandra or Tatum fan.  Just mindless entertainment.

So did Sandra play Tatum's mom in the film?

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

HBO:  Elvis.  I don't know about this one.  A lot on Tom Hanks character that I thought took away from the story quite a bit.  Painted Elvis as a real victim.  The whole Colonel Tom Hanks character made this a no recommendation movie for me.  

I suspect Tom Hanks is actively trying to ruin his career. That or he still has covid brain fog.

we finished watching Clickbait. it's a short series and we both enjoyed it. it had plenty of plot twists that kept us very involved.

i started watching Moon Knight. it's on Disney +. It's very intense. i'm not sure yet how i feel about the main character and his issues.