• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

46 minutes ago, LooneyPlatoons said:

Been watching the new episodes of Black Mirror.  I like the story ideas but I feel zero empathy for any of the characters.  

What's your favorite episode so far?

San Junipero was fantastic. Episodes 2,3,&4 were quite good.

On 10/23/2016 at 7:43 PM, Glen said:

Goliath - another very good show from amazon.  Eight episodes so it's easy to get through, and worth it. Billy Bob Thornton as a washed-up lawyer with questionable ethics taking on the big guys. 

17 hours ago, Lou said:

I've heard it's really good. Going to try and start on it this weekend. 

Weekend started early. Watched first 3 episodes (because I thought it would be stupid to start with the 2nd three).

Great show so far. BBT (yes, i'm a friend) is really good. 

On 10/26/2016 at 7:59 PM, Lou said:

yeah, watching it thru my fire stick.

just watched the first few episodes of Season 5 of Ripper Street, too. 

It's on Netflix now. It's pretty good, isn't it? I'm on episode 3 and I really like where things are going. 

2 hours ago, Lou said:

I love the show. Jamie Dornan is so good as Spector. 

He is; very interesting character and even more so 

Spoiler

with the amnesia storyline so far.

. Gillian Anderson's character is very, very boring though. She's not the best actor.

i agree, cez.  I like that they didn't make her some over-the-top, outwardly  emotional woman that all the men discount because of her gender. 

Proctor possesses the perfect balance of intelligence, repulsiveness, cunning, normalcy and creepiness. 

much like Geoff now that I think about it.   (sans the intelligence)

On 10/26/2016 at 5:02 PM, Slegnaac said:

Watched the first episode of Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency. 

Bizarrely interesting.  There must be some time travel involved in the story.

I like the assassin that randomly kills people, yet has never killed the wrong person.  Definitely not a mass murderer. 

Why does this sound familiar?  I'm thinking either Hitchhickers Guide to the Galaxy.  Or it was written by Adams. 

On 10/17/2016 at 10:40 AM, mrwicked said:

wife and i watched horror movie "Mama"

it was pretty good. different, but enjoyable. ending was kind of odd but no major complaints. 

still on horror front..

watched The Babadook. 

crazy good ratings, same as Mama.

it was good. different. kinda not sure it wanted to be psychological thriller or horror/haunting movie.

but the actors did great jobs.

15 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Not sure if i already mentioned this one but just rewatched. "What we do in the shadows". Funny as hell. Mockumentary about vampires with the guys from flight of the conchords

I tried to watch that awhile back. I couldn't get past about 20 minutes before I turned it off. Just wasn't funny to me. More annoying than anything. Maybe I'll give it another shot. Maybe I was in a bad mood or something.

On October 30, 2016 at 8:09 AM, Redondo said:

Just watched the 1st episode season 3. Had to watch the last episode of season 2 to catch up with all that was going on. Looks to be really good.

yeah, I always do that, too. helps clear the cobwebs off the ol' noggin

watched the 40th anniversary of Texas Chainsaw Massacre last night.

still goofy yet good. i always thought the hitchiker guy did a great job playing a wacko. not sure he didnt anything else after this?

the downside of the "completely redone in stunning 4K" is that the old, dirty grindhouse look is gone. so e.g., the grandpa looks more like a guy in a mask, than an actual old creepy guy.