• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

14 hours ago, Tank said:

Started watching Full Swing on Netflix. I like seeing the behind the scenes stuff. Just finished E2 with the stuff about Brooks Koepka fails and Scottie Scheffler’s amazing run to start last season. So far, so good.

Saw an article the other day that Koepka didn't like how he was portrayed and know a friend that does editing and how they can make things look a certain way. They did make him look like a guy that lost it and was struggling with sucking, but I never liked the guy, so didn't even finish the article.

Like you, I'm liking the show a lot so far. The stuff behind the scenes with their family is really cool.

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Saw an article the other day that Koepka didn't like how he was portrayed and know a friend that does editing and how they can make things look a certain way. They did make him look like a guy that lost it and was struggling with sucking, but I never liked the guy, so didn't even finish the article.

Like you, I'm liking the show a lot so far. The stuff behind the scenes with their family is really cool.

i'm sure koepka didn't like at all how he came across. he's had a reputation for just mailing it in unless it was a major, and that hasn't played well with a lot of fans, including me. on the plus side, he's got a great house and a gorgeous wife, so it all kind of evens out. 

On 2/24/2023 at 10:47 PM, gotbeer said:

Netflix:  Treason  A British limited series (5 episodes long).  It deals with MI6 trying to find a traitor.  But this one deals with the higher ups.  Was pretty good for a limited series.  A good evening binge.

Watched this over the weekend

Nothing special, but a good watch to pass the time

Looks like a sequel to Justified is coming out this year

Justified: City Primeval: Premiere date, cast, everything to know

Few shows lend themselves to revivals naturally. “Justified,” the critically acclaimed FX drama starring Timothy Olyphant as Deputy U.S. Marshal Raylan Givens, might not seem like a prime candidate to return after the Emmy-winning series nailed its series finale in 2015. But the show is coming back in 2023 for a limited eight-episode run under the title “Justified: City Primeval.”

6 hours ago, Redondo said:

Few shows lend themselves to revivals naturally. “Justified,” the critically acclaimed FX drama starring Timothy Olyphant as Deputy U.S. Marshal Raylan Givens, might not seem like a prime candidate to return after the Emmy-winning series nailed its series finale in 2015. But the show is coming back in 2023 for a limited eight-episode run under the title “Justified: City Primeval.”

6xczg0r1n2n91.gif?width=500&auto=webp&s=

9 hours ago, Redondo said:

RIP

Dewey Crowe - Justified, Season 5... | Justified tv show, Justified series,  Justified

HBO:  Banshees of Inisherin  One of those Oscar contenders.  It just seemed like a very Irish movie.  Not really sure how you describe it, without giving it away, but it's a very simple movie.  All of the cast was pretty spectacular in it.  I can see why it's nominated, since it's a very Oscar's type movie.  

7 hours ago, gotbeer said:

HBO:  Banshees of Inisherin  One of those Oscar contenders.  It just seemed like a very Irish movie.  Not really sure how you describe it, without giving it away, but it's a very simple movie.  All of the cast was pretty spectacular in it.  I can see why it's nominated, since it's a very Oscar's type movie.  

Yeah. It has such an unusual tone. It was really great.

7 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Added to my list

9 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Not as good as In Bruges, but I enjoyed it.

On 2/28/2023 at 4:33 AM, Redondo said:

I need to rewatch Justified again.

Outer Banks S3 - Netflix

This is a teen drama set in north carolina. my daughter wanted to watch it with us, and since she doesn't watch much with us, we're more than happy to do this. it's got a lot of the usual teen relationship angst between friends and parents, but this particular season took a complete left turn and the kids became treasure hunters. S4 is already in the works, and i expect there'll be a continued push on the treasure hunting theme.

it's not for everyone here. 

I watched a fascinating NOVA episode about astronomy in Senegal. There is a Senegalese astronomer who has collaborated with NASA, and he is trying to establish a space program in his country. It was also revealed that the Senegalese were interested in and studied astronomy going back centuries. They constructed stone structures similar to Stonehenge aligned with the solstices.

Netflix:  The Playlist  A dramatized and also fictionalized historical account of Spotify.  I say fictionalized, because the last episode (6th) is purely made up, jumping to the future.  It also is a different format, in that instead of focusing on one or two people, each episode focuses on the viewpoints of a different person per episode.  They go through the two founders, but also the viewpoints of the lead programmer, lawyer, and music exec/Pirate Bay.  Informative, if you like the history of music streaming.