• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

13 minutes ago, Jason said:

I'm going to assume roller skating is the gayest thing you do 

i don't skate anymore but it was a fun thing to do back in my younger days. i also worked at a summer camp and one of our most attended days were the days we took the kids roller skating.

12 hours ago, T.G. said:

Prime: Goodnight Oppy

Documentary about the Mars land rovers.  It was good and even a little inspiring. I learned a lot about the program. It was an amazing journey for sure.

They did a good job on it.  But I feel like they could have made it into a miniseries.  Just so much happened with both rovers, that 1 hr 44 min just didn't seem like enough.  But what a great story.  Really those two rovers saved NASA's missions to Mars.  

Prime: The Wall

The 2017 film follows two American soldiers (Aaron Taylor Johnson and John Cina) trapped by an Iraqi sniper.  It was just okay. 

Spoiler

The ending definitely wasn't what I expected.  Kind of F'd up, actually.

On 9/28/2022 at 7:07 PM, jsnpritchett said:

Yep, I had to try hard not to burst out laughing.  I did let him go and still let him get paid for the group.  But it was just bizarre.  Funny thing is, one of my first bosses back when I was working as an assistant at Fox used to work for Cameron's company, so he oversaw any projects Cameron was developing at Fox.  I don't think I ever heard my boss or any of the execs/assistants at Lightstorm ever refer to him as anything BUT Jim.

(Side note: his long-time producing partner Jon Landau is legitimately one of the nicest guys working in Hollywood.)

Almost there and I gotta say: I love his confidence.

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/james-cameron-avatar-trolls-see-movie-shut-the-f-up-exclusive/

Netflix:  Wednesday  Story about Wednesday Addams of the Addams family.  Had high hopes for this one since Tim Burton was behind it.  But to me, it felt really like a kids series, almost like a Scooby Doo mystery.  Very disappointing.  

Off to 1899.  A few episodes in, and it's not disappointing.  Although, I can't put my finger on it, but it has a very familiar feel to it.  

Follow up series from the team that brought us Dark. 1899 is every bit as layered and complex but it seems to be missing something. The story follows a similar approach of regularly revealing new layers to the mystery but I think the nature of the story they are telling limits their ability to really develop the characters. In that sense 1899 has a lot more in common with a show like Westworld than with Dark, and personally I was a bit disappointed.

Obviously expectations can play in the enjoyment, and Dark got a lot better in the second season, so this could still work out well.

On 12/3/2022 at 1:33 PM, AngelsLakersFan said:

Follow up series from the team that brought us Dark. 1899 is every bit as layered and complex but it seems to be missing something. The story follows a similar approach of regularly revealing new layers to the mystery but I think the nature of the story they are telling limits their ability to really develop the characters. In that sense 1899 has a lot more in common with a show like Westworld than with Dark, and personally I was a bit disappointed.

Obviously expectations can play in the enjoyment, and Dark got a lot better in the second season, so this could still work out well.

I liked it.  Very layered and complex.  Kind of reminded me of Inception, among others.  I can see the Westworld.  Also had some pills from Matrix.  

But definitely something that season 2 will at least help clarify.  

On 11/19/2022 at 5:51 PM, Slegnaac said:

Pepsi, Where's My Jet

Netflix Documentary Series, 4 episodes 

About a Pepsi promotion from the 90s where you could get cool stuff by drinking Pepsi and sending in points.

The Pepsi commercial showed a Harrier Jet for 7,000,000 points.

This is about a kid in his 20s that figured out how to fulfill the requirements, something Pepsi never expected.

Watched it Saturday night. Pepsi comes off looking like a bunch of tools. A bunch of cheap tools. 

Thanks for recommending this.

On 12/5/2022 at 7:33 PM, gotbeer said:

I liked it.  Very layered and complex.  Kind of reminded me of Inception, among others.  I can see the Westworld.  Also had some pills from Matrix.  

But definitely something that season 2 will at least help clarify.  

Spoiler

Inception was the first thing I thought of when watching it but I think my criticisms of both are completely unrelated to each other. Also I think the comparison is a bit of a spoiler, so I didn’t make it, lol. I think 1899 suffers from some of the exact same things as Westworld for some of the exact same reasons.

1 hour ago, Redondo said:

Just finished S1 of True Detective

Good show 

Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson were really solid

Really well done. Ironically, I was just watching some video on behind the scenes stuff or kind of hidden Easter eggs in the show, namely that season.

The one I remember the most was how the writer mentioned how he purposely had Russ ask for beer or drink beer in the beginning of the interview because it automatically means anything he says after his first sip is admissible in court. Interesting little detail stuff like that.

I liked all three seasons and think there may be a fourth on the way with Jodie Foster leading the cast. Good little series. That first season was some of the best television.

3 hours ago, katie said:

I’ve been watching Wednesday. I enjoy it. I’ve also been watching Andor because I heard it’s really good but I can’t get into it. I’ve watched 8 episodes somehow. 

I watched the first two episodes of Andor and found it pretty uninteresting. I’m thinking of giving it another chance during Christmas break.