• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

28 minutes ago, Tank said:

You can put your giga pet to sleep and finish S1 without a problem.

Should. I spend more time watching psychology and science videos (namely neuroscience) and some of those podcasts can go up to three and a half hours. It’s time consuming.

Don’t let the tattoos fool you from when we met. I’m actually a pretty big nerd.

Saw the new Elvis movie last night

2 1/2 hours long

I liked it because I grew up in that era

Learned from the movie that he was friends with BB King. Showed Sister Rosetta Tharpe singing some songs. I was watching Youtube yesterday and one of her videos popped up and I watched it. Little did I know she would be in the movie.

Saw him live in 1969 at the International like they show in the movie. Sat at a table front row in the middle. Right by the stage. No idea how my dad got the tickets.

He was wearing the white jumpsuit and he split the seam during the show and had to go backstage and change into another one.

All the trouble he got into by swinging his hips and gyrating his pelvis seems so far away compared to what the performers do now.

1 hour ago, Redondo said:

Saw the new Elvis movie last night

2 1/2 hours long

I liked it because I grew up in that era

Learned from the movie that he was friends with BB King. Showed Sister Rosetta Tharpe singing some songs. I was watching Youtube yesterday and one of her videos popped up and I watched it. Little did I know she would be in the movie.

Saw him live in 1969 at the International like they show in the movie. Sat at a table front row in the middle. Right by the stage. No idea how my dad got the tickets.

He was wearing the white jumpsuit and he split the seam during the show and had to go backstage and change into another one.

All the trouble he got into by swinging his hips and gyrating his pelvis seems so far away compared to what the performers do now.

That's pretty cool. My grandfather remembers and has a cool story of when Elvis came into the Army with them.

On 8/7/2022 at 4:13 AM, Lou said:

City on a Hill  S3 has begun.

Started S1 and I'm 9 episodes in

Really good show

Amazon has it available for free without the Showtime add on until 8-31

Kevin Bacon as Jackie Rohr is a great role

Thanks @Lou

Edited. Thanks @Tank 

Edited by Redondo

I watched E1 of S1 of Annika on Amazon Prime starring Nicola Walker and I liked it... then I found out in order to watch the rest of the episodes, I had to subscribe to PBS Masterpiece...

Bollocks!

I've become a big fan of Nicola Walker's work... she's a terrific actress.

Edited by T.G.

3 minutes ago, T.G. said:

I watched E1 of S1 of Annika on Amazon Prime starring Nicola Walker and I liked it... then I found out in order to watch the rest of the episodes, I had to subscribe to PBS Masterpiece...

Bollocks!

I've become a big fan of Nicola Walker's work... she's a terrific actress.

Season 1 is good. 

On 8/1/2022 at 2:49 AM, WicketMaiden said:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4301160/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0 

image.jpeg.3afadda4912a1e4a5825a43109252a98.jpeg

This is very good. Ray Liotta in one of his final roles is just as excellent in cameo as the leads Taron Egerton and Paul Walter Hauser are throughout. Well worth a look.

I'm giving this a second mention now I've finished it, it's a high quality show. Very absorbing, quite dark, excellent acting, and a great cast portraying an interesting true story. Some of the scenes are gripping. Well worth a watch. 

3 hours ago, Redondo said:

City on a Hill

Got to season 2 and Amazon wants to charge $19.99 for S2 or sign up for Showtime

Such a good show. I'm paying the $ and not signing up for Showtime

But isn't Showtime only $10/mo? Can't you just sign up and cancel after watching it?

I’ve been alternating between Grandchester, The Tunnel and Counterpart (all on Prime). They’re all good. None of them are great with The Tunnel being the best of the 3 so far, IMO.

11 hours ago, Tank said:

Started watching The Old Man. 

Thanks for the recommendations on this one, fellas. It’s a good show. 

Just finished watching this. Not sure what to make of it. It's good all the way through but it feels like it's missing something, probably in the writing.

I wasn't sure if this was a one off series or if it's going to be a multi-season show...

Spoiler

But season 1 ends at a rather odd point, feeling like the story is about 90% resolved.

1 minute ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Just finished watching this. Not sure what to make of it. It's good all the way through but it feels like it's missing something, probably in the writing.

I wasn't sure if this was a one off series or if it's going to be a multi-season show...

Reveal hidden contents

There will be a 2nd season.