• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

On 2/28/2022 at 9:10 AM, failos said:

They stay true to the books (to an extent), but the ending isn’t satisfying (for a “series finale”) as there are 3 more books to cover.

Hopefully they make a new series or films.

I thought the last season was great, but it just ended. Never really felt like it was coming to a climax. Then they tack on the required epilogue.

52 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

HBO:  Kings Man  Movie, prequel to Kingsmen.  Was disappointed, and was expecting better.  Started off slow.  Kind of picked up at the end, but not enough to save the movie.

I watched it a couple of days ago, also. A lot of meh. Looked like they were focused on preparing us for a sequel most of the time.

21 hours ago, mmc said:

Anyone seen Batman yet?

So I went into it with zero expectations and I have to say I was quite pleased. Don't expect The Dark Knight but something more on the level of Batman Begins or the Tim Burton Batman.

The movie knows you already know the story so it just drops you into the middle of a new chapter. It takes the outlines of characters we already know and sets them into a world even more grounded than Nolan's depiction. The result is a movie that reminded me a lot of David Fincher's Seven, with a couple action set pieces added in. 

Obviously the context of the film's release matters, but I think if this movie had come out in 2009 rather than The Dark Knight it may have been considered the best depiction of Batman up to that point. No way it'd be as influential but it'd certainly be talked about.

20 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

So I went into it with zero expectations and I have to say I was quite pleased. Don't expect The Dark Knight but something more on the level of Batman Begins or the Tim Burton Batman.

The movie knows you already know the story so it just drops you into the middle of a new chapter. It takes the outlines of characters we already know and sets them into a world even more grounded than Nolan's depiction. The result is a movie that reminded me a lot of David Fincher's Seven, with a couple action set pieces added in. 

Obviously the context of the film's release matters, but I think if this movie had come out in 2009 rather than The Dark Knight it may have been considered the best depiction of Batman up to that point. No way it'd be as influential but it'd certainly be talked about.

Seeing it tonight.  Looking forward to it, also had no expectations because I wasn’t a huge fan of Pattinson and DC movies have just been pretty shitty lately (though they are getting better, I thought Shazam, Birds of Prey, and The Suicide Squad) were all pretty good

Just now, mmc said:

Seeing it tonight.  Looking forward to it, also had no expectations because I wasn’t a huge fan of Pattinson and DC movies have just been pretty shitty lately (though they are getting better, I thought Shazam, Birds of Prey, and The Suicide Squad) were all pretty good

You'll probably enjoy it for what it is. Back to basics, not trying to go toe to toe with Nolan. Reminded me quite a bit of the animated series as well, which was a good thing.

I’d usually run as fast as I could to see a film like this, but I’ve been meaning to check out a flick in Dolby Cinema and this seems to be a great choice for the format. Closest is in Austin, so I kinda have to go out of my way. I’ll see it at some point in the next 2 weeks.

Netflix:  The Guardians of Justice  So a superhero series.  Like a mashup of Marvel and DC, and a mashup of all TV and movies, set in the 80's that never happened.  It was like an acid trip of animation and regular film.  As Superhero series goes, it was pretty glorious.  Really nothing like you've seen before.  It really was a combination of every Superhero movie ever.  Closest would be a mashup of Sin City with Watchmen with Kill Bill with DC with Marvel.  It was enjoyable for a superhero nerd like me.

Saw Batman last night and personally loved it, Reeves and the crew did a great job, excellently shot and the set design was probably my favorite part of the movie.  First film to really get Gotham right.  Can’t wait for the sequel

On 2/23/2022 at 12:35 AM, failos said:

Started watching The Righteous Gemstones S2

Uncle Baby Billy is the best character

Hbo Gemstoneshbo GIF by The Righteous Gemstones

Just started watching this one.  Dewey Crowe is amazing.  Actually everyone in it is pretty amazing.  Definitely worth the watch.

On 3/5/2022 at 12:15 PM, AngelsLakersFan said:

I didn't hate it but I didn't really like it either. The Riddler seems to be a bit of a copy of Nolan's Joker. Taking down corrupt politicians and even showing the killings on television. I know this was supposed to be geared toward the detective side of Batman but outside of a couple early riddles he figured out I don't remember him really being a good detective. It seemed more like the Riddler was the one to explain everything to him. 

On 2/27/2022 at 12:30 AM, Blarg said:

My wife was disappointed that they wandered into Lesbian plot lines in episode four. The writing is much looser this season with storylines tripping over each other and the production quality has moved from cinematic to television. 

okay, i finally saw that episode. it was unneccessary and didn't add anything to the character.