• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tigers claim Brendon Davis off waivers, Jose Rojas reinstated to AAA

mmc

That's too bad, and also surprising, but....those twitter comments are a bit hyperbolic. His future on the Angels was virtually non-existent, and he's really more of a fringe prospect, despite his breakout last year. His numbers in AAA this year are solid, but underwhelming considering it is Salt Lake.

But still, I'd prefer to have kept him around.

18 minutes ago, failos said:

Strange decision. 

They really like Wade, Velazquez. Where was Davis gonna play? I'm surprised that they haven't called up Stefanic but defense is a priority.

8 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

He had nowhere to play, unfortunately. 

I'm not sure how the waiver system works. I think you have to put everyone through waivers at some point? 

Any player has to go on outright waivers if the team wants to remove them off the 40 man once placing him on there.  We were thinking we could sneak him through since his minor league slash line isn't great and he doesn't have major league experience

1 hour ago, Hubs said:

They really like Wade, Velazquez. Where was Davis gonna play? I'm surprised that they haven't called up Stefanic but defense is a priority.

Well, I was hoping we'd see Stefanic get called up. Now, SL needs him if Rengifo remains on the squad.

This is good news for Brendan Davis and may be his path to big leagues. Wish him the best. I bring up Andy Kosco a lot as he was a cousin of mine growing up. He signed with Detroit as some big prospect but never worked out. He was released but some scout  saw something in him and Twins signed him. He was a switch hitter Twins had him just bat from right side ended up in Denver at AAA had big year and was called up. Bounced around big leagues playing with Twins, Yankees, Dodgers short time with Angels among other teams. Played 10 years in big leagues. What I saying many good players in minors and they are just looking for break or opportunity to full fill their dreams. Fans get very critical of players or give up on them if they misjudge a fly ball. So few ever get a chance to make it to the show and it's harder to stay. David Fletcher what a great story 2 years ago now let's get rid of him. Look at MVP players like Bellinger or Yellich, hard to stay on top in this sport. Well anyways good luck Mr. Davis and I hope your dream comes true.

• mmc changed the title to Tigers claim Brendon Davis off waivers, Jose Rojas reinstated to AAA
31 minutes ago, AngelStew43 said:

I think I would’ve DFA’d Rojas or Valdez before Davis, but, he was completely blocked on our roster.  He’ll get an opportunity with the Tigers, probably as an OF.

Valdez was DFAd a few days ago

• 4 months later...