• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Former Angels pitcher Matt Harvey suspended for 60 games because of drug distribution

Matt Harvey, who admitted in the Eric Kay trial earlier this year that he distributed the prescription pain killer Percocet while he was pitching for the Angels in 2019, has been suspended for 60 games by Major League Baseball.

Harvey was suspended “for participating in the distribution of a prohibited Drug of Abuse,” according to a release.

Harvey signed a minor league deal with the Baltimore Orioles last month. His suspension is retroactive to April 29.

Harvey, 33, signed a free agent deal with the Angels prior to the 2019 season. He posted a 7.09 ERA in 12 games and was released. Harvey was with the team during the season that Tyler Skaggs died with fentanyl, a dangerous synthetic opioid, in his system.

Kay, a former Angels media relations staffer, was convicted in Federal court in February of supplying Skaggs with the drugs that led to his death. During that trial, Harvey testified that he had also provided Skaggs with Percocet. Harvey was granted immunity from criminal prosecution in exchange for his testimony.

Several other Angels players also testified, but they only testified to using opioids, not distributing them. None of the players who testified are currently with the Angels.

Those players are now subject to more stringent testing by MLB, but no discipline.

View the full article

When is Matt Harvey's "perp walk" gonna be? His admission that he's a drug dealer should certainly make him more toxic to be on a roster than Trevor Bauer. Kind of odd that Billy signed what turned out to be a drug dealer for a team that had at least one addict and a pre-existing and long-serving drug connection already on the clubhouse payroll.

Bauer should be mercilessly ridiculed by teammates and fans for being kinky AF, but I don't believe he should be suspended like this. 

Bauer's suspension is nothing more than Manfred's personal vendetta against him. Rumor has it he was talking with Jomboy off the record which publicized the Astros sign stealing campaign, which spread to Boston and New York Ave was a thorn in Manfred's side, then he publicly accused Gerrit Cole of doctoring balls in Twitter and when Manfred refused to do anything about it, he publicly indicated that he would start cheating as well, which he did and started recording video game numbers and thumbed his nose at Manfred. This caused another windfall of drama for Manfred. 

The boss hates Bauer. 

Harvey should be suspended for life. 

Edited by Second Base

3 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I dont remember all the details, but didnt Mickey Calloway get more time off than this? And I dont remember the specifics, but wasnt he just flirting w someone? (I dont remember if it was anything like harassment or not)

Mickey Callaway was accused of sexual harassment by multiple women.

4 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I dont remember all the details, but didnt Mickey Calloway get more time off than this? And I dont remember the specifics, but wasnt he just flirting w someone? (I dont remember if it was anything like harassment or not)

He basically received a 2-year suspension. Actually, MLB worded it as "at least until the end of the 2022 season". 

It seems like Manfred is dodging a serious metoo allegation and he’s overreacting to any sex/domestic issue  to look like he’s tough on it so when it comes out he’s been handsy with masseuses for 3 decades he can say “not me! I’m the guy who banned Bauer for hooking up with sexually progressive ladies!”

I have a friend who we’ve thought for years might be gay.  But he’s always the dude pointing women out in a very demeaning manner and saying inappropriate sexual things that we assume is overcompensation for hiding his gayness.

It’s vaguely like that.

42 minutes ago, cals said:

It seems like Manfred is dodging a serious metoo allegation and he’s overreacting to any sex/domestic issue  to look like he’s tough on it so when it comes out he’s been handsy with masseuses for 3 decades he can say “not me! I’m the guy who banned Bauer for hooking up with sexually progressive ladies!”

I have a friend who we’ve thought for years might be gay.  But he’s always the dude pointing women out in a very demeaning manner and saying inappropriate sexual things that we assume is overcompensation for hiding his gayness.

It’s vaguely like that.

So there are apparently a lot of guys on AW who are hiding their "gayness," then, going by your standard?