• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ A's (5/15/22 1pm start): Sandoval on the mound, standard starting lineup

2 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

Kid may not have all the tools, but I like this Herget guy! 24-13 LETS GO HALOS!!!!

Herget seems to have Maddon's trust.  Maddon has his formula of Loup / Tepera / Iglesias, but if one of those is not available in a high leverage situation, Herget seems to get the call.

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

Craft Beer for the Win: The States with the Most Breweries – Zippia

We have the most breweries but only 28th? This state has work to do 

Where the fuck did you get this list? 

NH should always be near the bottom when it comes to beer lists. Ahead of Massachusetts? That's just retarded. Whoever made that list is a mongo.

Just now, desiderata said:

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/20681/68916/  Lunch, by Maine Beer Company.  Have had a few of their others that I'm not in love with.  Haven't had Dinner, though.  As an aside, favorite brewery is North Fork Brewing Company.  

Lunch is definitely a good one. Especially on draft. Used to get fresh bottles all the time here but since Covid hit it's been rare.

I prefer Another One, but Lunch is absolutely a great beer.

Dinner is a lot different, though. It's great but it's more of a hazy New England style whereas Lunch is closer to a West Coast style IPA.

6 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

Herget seems to have Maddon's trust.  Maddon has his formula of Loup / Tepera / Iglesias, but if one of those is not available in a high leverage situation, Herget seems to get the call.

I think another proven bullpen arm should be a priority pretty soon. 1 more reliable guy to sub in if Loup , Iglesias or Tepera have an off night, it would make me feel a lot better about this bullpen. 

right now we don’t really have anyone to turn to in high leverage situations one of those guys are unavailable, imo. 

1 minute ago, TroutField said:

I think another proven bullpen arm should be a priority pretty soon. 1 more reliable guy to sub in if Loup , Iglesias or Tepera have an off night, it would make me feel a lot better about this bullpen. 

right now we don’t really have anyone to turn to in high leverage situations one of those guys are unavailable, imo. 

Bradley and Warren have the capability to potentially evolve into that role, but they're out right now.  That said, I agree with you, and that should be a fairly cheap acquisition near the trading deadline - a reliever on an expiring contract.  

Fortunately, we do have our core already, so it's just a matter of adding to it.  In years past, I remember having like, just one reliever we could even count on lol.

4 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Lunch is definitely a good one. Especially on draft. Used to get fresh bottles all the time here but since Covid hit it's been rare.

I prefer Another One, but Lunch is absolutely a great beer.

Dinner is a lot different, though. It's great but it's more of a hazy New England style whereas Lunch is closer to a West Coast style IPA.

First time I had Lunch was on tap.  Whole Foods in NYC around me* tends to have bottles so I get one every other week or something.  Had Another One for the first time yesterday.  Have a Lunch in the fridge and I might need to crack it open to celebrate the win.  My wife was telling me a lobster roll place near our place has Lunch on tap, so I think we might be going a decent amount of time over the summer.  

2 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

Bradley and Warren have the capability to potentially evolve into that role, but they're out right now.  That said, I agree with you, and that should be a fairly cheap acquisition near the trading deadline - a reliever on an expiring contract.  

Fortunately, we do have our core already, so it's just a matter of adding to it.  In years past, I remember having like, just one reliever we could even count on lol.

I’m not sold on Bradley, fastball seems pretty straight and hittable. I do have high hopes for Warren. 

21 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

Gilbert, AZ.

There ya go, you can all have your fun now lol.

So you are bagging on Cali while your temp is 105 today to my 81. No wonder you are so bitter. The heat has made you insane. It all makes sense now. I have visited friends in different parts of Arizona. Mostly in Kingman. It was so hot that the pipes couldn't even give cold water. Showers were lukewarm at best. They also were fine with all different kinds of bugs all over their house. Told me they can't do anything about it and it's just desert living. I understand where your hate comes from now.

1 minute ago, TroutField said:

I’m not sold on Bradley, fastball seems pretty straight and hittable. I do have high hopes for Warren. 

Yeah, I'm admittedly lukewarm on Bradley.  Herget, though, has actually been our highest performing reliever in terms of fWAR.  I think our pen is pretty solid.

One thing, though, is Barria almost never plays.  That in of itself isn't so bad, but it seems Maddon only is willing to put Barria in blowout games (although he didn't even put him in yesterday's game).  Would be more optimal to have a full complement of relievers that he's willing to utilize.