• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels sign Juan Lagares to a minor league deal

So, assuming Marsh doesn’t regress to the point that they have to do something else this seems to suggest to me that Adell will not be coming back up to the majors.  So, now I genuinely think he may be trade bait. 

and I mean they may keep him as well.  The reality is that he needs AB’s everyday.  But it sure does seem like he may be the off man out.  

Just now, UndertheHalo said:

So, assuming Marsh doesn’t regress to the point that they have to do something else this seems to suggest to me that Adell will not be coming back up to the majors.  So, now I genuinely think he may be trade bait. 

and I mean they may keep him as well.  The reality is that he needs AB’s everyday.  But it sure does seem like he may be the off man out.  

With Ward having his breakout and excelling in RF, he seems locked into that spot and that's the one position where Adell didn't look like a disaster in the field. DH is obviously set with Ohtani....really don't know where Adell breaks through with the team in the present or immediate future. As you said, he needs AB's and needs reps in the field but the Angels dont' have any avenue for him to get it here. THey also couldn't afford having him in the field being that bad defensively when the team is also trying to contend this year.

They'll have a few more months to wait things out, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did look to move him during the deadline as part of some big return to help them with their playoff push. Certainly wouldn't trade Adell for any rentals however

2 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

He had negative fWAR last year, including having negative value for his fielding.  He's literally a replacement level or slightly below player.

Not a lot of options in early May….

3 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Are You Sure Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

He had negative fWAR last year, including having negative value for his fielding.  He's literally a replacement level or slightly below player.

He won't have anywhere near as big of a role as he did last season though

Just now, bloodbrother said:

With Ward having his breakout and excelling in RF, he seems locked into that spot and that's the one position where Adell didn't look like a disaster in the field. DH is obviously set with Ohtani....really don't know where Adell breaks through with the team in the present or immediate future. As you said, he needs AB's and needs reps in the field but the Angels dont' have any avenue for him to get it here. THey also couldn't afford having him in the field being that bad defensively when the team is also trying to contend this year.

They'll have a few more months to wait things out, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did look to move him during the deadline as part of some big return to help them with their playoff push. Certainly wouldn't trade Adell for any rentals however

I think you watch and see with Marsh.  I like him but I don’t think anyone should be completely sold.  If Adell can get us a Montas or a Castillo tho.  I mean, the way it looks today *and that could change* if things break  right and the Angels management makes the right calls.  Then maybe we finally are at this possibility of having a championship window open up for a few years.  We’ve all kind of stared into the ether and saw how this could come but we needed the right breaks.  Wards break out, some moves that work out and health.  Those could be the breaks. 

6 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Got it.  So he'll still suck, he'll just suck less in total.  That makes me feel much better...

He's a 4th outfielder. His impact on the team isn't going to make or break our season.

Now if he's starting 90 games because of an injury...

Magneuis Sierra is already in the organization and would probably provide as good as/better defense and speed.  Neither guy can hit at this point.

I get that he'd just be a 4th OF, but still, why even bother spending money on him?  Random guy they call up will probably do as well.

Just now, jsnpritchett said:

Magneuis Sierra is already in the organization and would probably provide as good as/better defense and speed.  Neither guy can hit at this point.

I get that he'd just be a 4th OF, but still, why even bother spending money on him?  Random guy they call up will probably do as well.

Minasian and co. probably like him.

Given the success we're having on defense this year I'm gonna trust the process.

7 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I liked what Lagares brought to the team last year. Wasn’t great but had some big hits and never looked over-matched. 

Which is pretty much the definition of a 4th OF’er….for May 9th, and without much cost, could be a pretty good move…

6 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I liked what Lagares brought to the team last year. Wasn’t great but had some big hits and never looked over-matched. 

This is kinda how I look at it.  Lagares is a very safe 4OF.  Won't ever be the reason we win but won't be the reason we lose either