• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Brett Gardner?

Yeah... I can understand the desire for another OF with Adell being demoted, Marsh and his 17 recent Ks and Mayfield being run out there.

But, I think the OF will be fine with the emergence of TW .

I think Marsh will be fine, if not good over a course of a season.

I would bring back Adell in a few weeks versus signing someone like Gardner.

I only say this because I would like to see the team improve in other areas.

I'm also content with our MIF depth...but Fletcher needs a DFA (it won't happen)

Velazquez is great!! He needs to be out there, but not coupled with Fletcher in the MIF.

There is some unspectacular depth in the MIF ..I like Wade a lot as a utility "pawn" type player...I think he's a very useful player.

If Stefanic or Renigfo could step up and claim second base and provide some offense with decent D, it would be huge...I'm done with Fletcher.

So to the point I would like to see the team improve over Suckuki at back up catcher and add a 2 or 3 SP in lieu of adding another OF.

That SP will require Adell plus plus!!!

I'm good with that at this point.

The thing about Maddon and Minasian, is that they understand dynamic roster construction. They aren't limited by static pieces. 

By that I mean you don't need a full time 4th OF. You just need someone that can cover a corner spot in a pinch. That's it. 

God forbid, let's say an OF gets hurt in the 5th inning of a game. The Angels just need someone that can play a few innings out there. After the game ends then they'll bring someone up from AAA. 

Brett Gardner would only limit roster makeup , and the time allotted wouldn't be conducive to take advantage of whatever tools and value he still has. Not a good fit. 

Just now, Second Base said:

The thing about Maddon and Minasian, is that they understand dynamic roster construction. They aren't limited by static pieces. 

By that I mean you don't need a full time 4th OF. You just need someone that can cover a corner spot in a pinch. That's it. 

God forbid, let's say an OF gets hurt in the 5th inning of a game. The Angels just need someone that can play a few innings out there. After the game ends then they'll bring someone up from AAA. 

Brett Gardner would only limit roster makeup , and the time allotted wouldn't be conducive to take advantage of whatever tools and value he still has. Not a good fit. 

this is true.  They've had Wade out there.  Fletcher can cover in a pinch.  For some reason Maddon keeps trying Rojas.  Walsh can roll there if needed.