• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Manaea and Montas

Torridd

20 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I would like to have either.

Unfortunately the cost will be too high. Manaea has just 1 year left before he becomes a FA.

The division thing may or may not be an issue, but my guess is we'd have to pay a higher price because of it. 

It just isn't worth it, IMO.

I have no idea what the division thing is but I’d imagine if they are asking for A from other teams they’d ask for A+ from the division. I’d do it, within reason, for Montas. I’d give up a cheap controllable guy like Ward or Thaiss or Rengifo for Mannaea 

One is a rental, the other has one added year, neither should cost an excessive amount which is why they havent yet been traded.  Beane will wait for someone to get desperate at the deadline to get higher value unless someone goes over the top between now and then.

I would rather wait to see how the season unfolds before considering either.  More and potentially better options could become available as the season progresses.  The Angels have enough to start but not enough to finish.

11 minutes ago, eligrba said:

I would rather wait to see how the season unfolds before considering either.  More and potentially better options could become available as the season progresses.  The Angels have enough to start but not enough to finish.

This is where I'm at. By the deadline we will have a clearer picture of how Marsh and Adell are panning out, how the young pitchers are doing, and have a chance for guys like Adams and other prospects to boost their trade value.

I don't think Marsh, Adell and maybe Detmers should be part of any conversation at this point.  Especially the first two.  Maybe I'm being unrealistic but it's just the way I feel at this point relative to the value differential in what they provide vs. what would be obtained.  And that's not just for 2022 or even 2023, but beyond.