• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 Spring Training Hot Stove Thread

mmc

1 minute ago, bloodbrother said:

He is a FA after this season, so that dragged down the value/price

Sure but we see guys at the deadline get way more.  How many pitchers threw 180 innings last year ? Pretty valuable guy for the whole year.  I think it’s more about the 10 million.  Also the A’s probably weren’t trading to the AL.  

3 minutes ago, Swiss Angel Fan said:

Why would Upton waive his no-trade clause if he can just become a FA and pick where he wants to go?

he probably wouldn't.  he holds all the cards.  there's probably only a handful of teams that work for him and it's hard for me to believe that two of them would want him bad enough to bid against each other in trade.  

11 minutes ago, Swiss Angel Fan said:

Why would Upton waive his no-trade clause if he can just become a FA and pick where he wants to go?

I highly doubt Upton gets traded but it's possible a team that a team with mutual interest wants to dump a contract to acquire him

Morosi actually posted his Spring OPS from 15 at bats. That's close to all-time hilarious. 

Manaea is a solid pitcher--above average I'd say, which is really valuable--but 1 year left at $10 million probably tamped down the price. If I'm the A's, I'm waiting to trade Montas at the trade deadline. Remember how crazy teams go over guys with an extra year of control at the deadline--and how everyone is much more desperate to find that missing piece. That's when you get a Top-100 guy and 2-3 of the teams top 25 prospects. Right now, teams are near capacity and unsure of their rosters. Once they get desperate, they'll step it up. Most likely they are offering B- offers for how much value he really has. 

13 minutes ago, mmc said:

I highly doubt Upton gets traded but it's possible a team that a team with mutual interest wants to dump a contract to acquire him

Angels could still eat a bulk of his contract and trade him before he clears, yes? Of course provided he waives the NTC. 

If a certain team thinks there will be folks interested in him and they have a role for him, and know the Angels are willing to pay $27m, and Upton is open to going there, they may jump in. Kind of like the Vernon Wells trade.