• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 Spring Training Hot Stove Thread

mmc

8 minutes ago, totdprods said:

My guess is they’re betting on one of Adell, Marsh or Detmers to wind up being a big add…they need two more impact players but hard to see the resources available to do that.

I can’t really expect Detmers to be a big impact this year.  Not really fair to expect that.  It would be great but it could take another year.

But truthfully, it is time for both Adell and Marsh to be strong contributors right now.  They need to step up.   

Just now, Blarg said:

No. He has been on a steady decline and near the fall off the cliff pitching speed. Just no. 

Seems like you would be paying for the name and getting a guy that would deliver a 4.40 era.  I just don’t think the Angels are really improving at all by adding what amounts to a back of the rotation starter

4 minutes ago, mmc said:

WTF another deal we could've EASILY made

Again, you're making the assumption that even if the Angels did offer that amount that the player would want to come here. 

Also, I'm totally fine with not doing that deal.  His numbers in MLB aren't anything special. 

2 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Kikuchi has a 4.31 fip over the last two years.  

I know people are hoping the halos would aim higher, but with who?  Who's left?  He'd have been a solid add without giving anything up.  

You don’t think barria, Suarez, detmers can put up close to those numbers for minimums? Personally I think they can be better.

I think they’ve got to look to do the best that they can with bullpen options.  Some good ones out there still.  Tepera, Diekman etc. with what they’ve got they can still put together a pretty good bullpen.  On paper at least.  The starting pitching is what it is.  Maybe there’s a trade if they do something like sign Suzuki. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

6 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I don't get the fascination with Kikuchi. Barria can easily match his production. Hell I think Detmers could come close.

it's not fascination.  It's consistency.  Going into the season with a bunch of maybe's, fingers crossed, hope so's seems to be working well the last few years.  

2 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I know people are hoping the halos would aim higher, but with who?  Who's left?  He'd have been a solid add without giving anything up.  

We have Barria. I'll take him all day over Kikuchi.

Just now, Dochalo said:

it's not fascination.  It's consistency.  Going into the season with a bunch of maybe's, fingers crossed, hope so's seems to be working well the last few years.  

Yeah there's consistency; He was horrendous in 2019, horrendous in 2020 (though his FIP was good), and mediocre last year. 

What's his FIP if you take out the small 47 inning sample size?

9 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

... and a 4.93 FIP over the last 3 years, including a 4.61 FIP last year.  The short-season 2020 is the only thing that brings it down to the 4.31 you're citing.