• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 Spring Training Hot Stove Thread

mmc

Two Years and 44 is way doable. Oh well. 

Rodon became my priority during the lockout, over a trade for a starter. Now I see trade, if they add another starter. They may not. They have 12 guys on the 40 who they've either signed as starters or started for us last year. Ohtani, Syndergaard, Lorenzen, Sandoval, Suarez, Barria, Canning, Detmers. Naughton, Criswell and Junk also started. C-Rod is gonna go on the 60-Day Injured list to start the season.

I thought they may need another pen arm, but with Suarez, Lorenzen, and now Buttrey maybe in the pen mix, they may not.

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

If he's good again this year and stays healthy, he would almost assuredly opt out.  If he sucks and/or isn't healthy, then a) he's not helping this year and b) the Angels are stuck with him at $20M+ for 2023.  They already have Syndergaard and Lorenzen on 1-year deals.  As always with the Angels, they need guys that are controllable.

It's definitely not the ideal move, I'm just not convinced we're going to come up with anything better.

1 minute ago, bloodbrother said:

Angels already made their big gamble with the Syndergaard signing. I think they'll be acquiring another arm by trade or signing some vet on the market like Greinke...IF they actually add another SP  of course. Let's hope they do because they sure as hell need more than 1 SP

I wouldn't be shocked if Greinke just retires now that he can't go to a NL team and hit. I know that sounds like an odd basis for such a decision, but it would absolutely be a Greinke-esque thing to do. Pretty sure the dude has mentioned before that he really wants to get to double digit career HRs. He's sitting at 9.

5 minutes ago, mmc said:

Amazing what you can do with Josh Hamilton money

They lost out in the Robbie Ray to the Mariners, Kevin Gausman to the Blue Jays swap, so this is presumably Gausman's replacement. 

29 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

Angels already made their big gamble with the Syndergaard signing. I think they'll be acquiring another arm by trade or signing some vet on the market like Greinke...IF they actually add another SP  of course. Let's hope they do because they sure as hell need more than 1 SP

That's why stroman was such a good fit imo

8 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

That's why stroman was such a good fit imo

I know I can't be right, but it seems like Stroman is a FA or very publicly available via trade every single year.