• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Tyler Skaggs Trial (News & Notes) Thread (Eric Kay found GUILTY on both charges)

9 hours ago, Lou said:

I have no idea if my file clerk uses opioids. Quite frankly, as long as she shows up to work and remembers the alphabet, i don't really care. 

This isn't your file clerk. This is your talent. You all are making false equivalencies. File clerks dont make millions of dollars a year and they aren't one of 25 people whose health is directly responsible for the company's results.

Again, this only happens because Carpino either didn't care or didn't want to know. Otherwise there would have been enough compliance in place to catch it.

8 minutes ago, nate said:

This isn't your file clerk. This is your talent. You all are making false equivalencies. File clerks dont make millions of dollars a year and they aren't one of 25 people whose health is directly responsible for the company's results.

Again, this only happens because Carpino either didn't care or didn't want to know. Otherwise there would have been enough compliance in place to catch it.

Your whole stance is a perfect example of “something bad happened so somebody has to pay.”

It is very undisciplined and childish.

18 minutes ago, nate said:

You missed his point.  You think he should have known.  Lou probably works relatively close to his file clerk, and wouldn’t know if she did drugs or dealed drugs.  

20 minutes ago, Stradling said:

You missed his point.  You think he should have known.  Lou probably works relatively close to his file clerk, and wouldn’t know if she did drugs or dealed drugs.  

No, I got his point. It also isn't his job to watch after the welfare of his file clerk.

And again, this isn't just the file clerk, this is his assistant manager, and his assistant manager dealing to half the office.

In fact, it is more like you dealing drugs to the other INO store managers and having one of the stores burn down because the manager was too high to safely manage the store. If that were the case, you don't think your boss would get fired? INO also has thousands and thousands of employees. Angels have about a hundred who have a significant impact on the outcome of the season that they invest hundreds of millions of dollars on.

I love the movement of brutal integrity among real men in this country. If something happens on your watch, you take responsibility for it. But such a process doesn't mean you take blame where you can't or where you have no authority or right to. 

I can't speak for Carpino, a case could be made in either direction. Ultimately, I would like to see a few more people step up and takes blame before him though. So blaming him seems tenuous at best. 

11 hours ago, nate said:

A manager's job isn't only giving reviews and approving PTO. The well being of your employees, especially if it impacts their performance in their job, is absolutely in your purview.

Most employees with addiction issues are able to hide it from their employers.  If they get fired, it’s usually because of attendance issues.  The only way a manager could be fired would be if they discovered the issue and didn’t report it.  That’s because employees in California are allowed ONE chance to enter a treatment or rehabilitation program. 

The sad part is that 99% of them decide to do a short outpatient program and end up getting fired because they can’t stop their addiction.  

I’m not a fan of Carpino, but the premise of this thread is stupid. Why would Carpino turn a blind eye to an employee selling drugs to a player? If he had known he would’ve fired Kay on the spot. Good bosses don’t micromanage to the level of knowing every detail of their employees’ lives.

Edited by failos

35 minutes ago, bruin5 said:

Most employees with addiction issues are able to hide it from their employers.  If they get fired, it’s usually because of attendance issues.  The only way a manager could be fired would be if they discovered the issue and didn’t report it.  That’s because employees in California are allowed ONE chance to enter a treatment or rehabilitation program. 

The sad part is that 99% of them decide to do a short outpatient program and end up getting fired because they can’t stop their addiction.  

You can say that again.