• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2022 Winter Olympics

Lou

Another huge game tonight is the US Women's Hockey going for gold against Team Canada.

No surprise here, as they are both the cream of the crop when it comes to women's hockey.

I'm hoping for a little payback tonight from pool play.  Come on ladies, bring home the Gold!!

I honestly have no words for what’s going on with Mikaela Shriffin.  It’s heartbreaking for her.  The girl hasn’t completed a competitive run yet.

Hell, every run I’ve seen from her, she’s gone down in less than 15 seconds.  Huge disappointment from her in this Olympics.

1 minute ago, PattyD22 said:

I honestly have no words for what’s going on with Mikaela Shriffin.  It’s heartbreaking for her.  The girl hasn’t completed a competitive run yet.

Hell, every run I’ve seen from her, she’s gone down in less than 15 seconds.  Huge disappointment from her in this Olympics.

I saw her complete one run. 

One. 

tonight is the ladies final of figure skating with their long program.

still lots of controversy over letting this 15 year russian chick keep skating, and the commentators have not held back on their unhappines over her being allowed to skate after a positive PEDs test. it seems pretty black and white in this sport - test positive for a banned substance and you're suspended. the rules are being bent for her in two ways - first, she's allowed to compete even though her country has been banned for a statewide doping program, and two, they're citing that she's only 15. None of this passes the smell test no matter how you try to dress it up. 

this is wrong, and a slap in the face to all the other competitors who've tested clean. if she wins a medal, it should be contested as vigorously as possible.

and yes, i'd feel the same way if it was one of our skaters.

On 2/15/2022 at 10:49 PM, PattyD22 said:

US mens hockey loses in the shootout 1-0.

Arguably the worst way to end a contest.  Shoot outs suck

They smack of the minor leagues. I don't know why the NHL ever adopted them.

I got heavily into curling during the Olympics. At first I watched it as kind of a joke, because curlers are among the least athletic-looking people in the games. However, I found that there is a lot of strategy to it, and pushing a 40-plus pound stone 150 feet down the ice and getting it to go exactly where you want is not an easy feat. There is a curling tournament here in April, and I may catch a session just to see it live.

A curious aside: Of the four men on the Canadian national team, three of them are from my mother's home town (St. John's, NL). I don't recall anyone mentioning curling during the times when I visited there.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan