• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2022 Winter Olympics

Lou

9 minutes ago, Lou said:

I might have to reconsider including attending the Winter Olympics on my bucket list.

Those people look COLD!

You missed your window by not going to Sochi. It averaged in the 60s during the games. They had to keep the snow under tarps so it wouldn't melt. 

4 minutes ago, Tank said:

It started a few minutes ago. This is one tough course.

Its my favorite event to watch. The courage these guys have while skiing on the edges of their skis is completely bonkers. And all while going 80+ mph. 

I watched it live. 

Aside from a marathon runner, I can’t think of an athlete that has to be more conditioned than a 20km cross country skier, let alone one that has to shoot a rifle at targets.  Simply crazy shape.

Im still too lazy to look up the connection between cross country skiing and rifle shooting, but I’m sure there is some logical explanation for it.

1 hour ago, PattyD22 said:

Aside from a marathon runner, I can’t think of an athlete that has to be more conditioned than a 20km cross country skier, let alone one that has to shoot a rifle at targets.  Simply crazy shape.

Im still too lazy to look up the connection between cross country skiing and rifle shooting, but I’m sure there is some logical explanation for it.

Pro cyclists are probably the fittest of all - 4 to 6 hours a day every day for three weeks with just 2 off days. Those guys have to like pain.

The cross country and shooting is all about heart-rate affecting the calmness of the shooting - the fitter you are, the lower the heart rate, the more accurate the shot. That line of thinking.

i read something over the weekend that talked about the biathalon. it seems it started during times of war (pre-WWI) as armies would send armed soldiers out on skis to find the enemy. it was easier to reach by skis than by horse or sleigh. probably a lot quieter that way, too.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

i read something over the weekend that talked about the biathalon. it seems it started during times of war (pre-WWI) as armies would send armed soldiers out on skis to find the enemy. it was easier to reach by skis than by horse or sleigh. probably a lot quieter that way, too.

Yeah, they had a short story on one of the broadcasts about it. 

2 hours ago, Tank said:

That’s sounds about right @Tank.  I figured my laziness would play perfectly into your superior knowledge.  

My plan worked perfectly.  Thanks buddy