• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

James Bond

Tank

James Bond  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which Bond was your favorite?

• Sean Connery
    • George Lazenby
    • Roger Moore
    • Timothy Dalton
    • Pierce Brosnan
    • Daniel Craig

i've liked craig the best so far. i've only seen one with connery and thought it was . . . okay. i liked moore's sarcastic one-liners best. i had high hopes for brosnan - wasn't disappointed but wasn't amazed, either.

Connery set the standard, Daniel Craig was pretty good but enjoyed the benefit of far bigger budgets, superior special effects and more action packed scripts, so it's challenging to draw a direct comparison.

Overall though I think the franchise is overrated. Bourne would take out Bond and his latest cool gadget with a biro and a couple of paperclips. 

17 minutes ago, WicketMaiden said:

Connery set the standard, Daniel Craig was pretty good but enjoyed the benefit of far bigger budgets, superior special effects and more action packed scripts, so it's challenging to draw a direct comparison.

Overall though I think the franchise is overrated. Bourne would take out Bond and his latest cool gadget with a biro and a couple of paperclips. 

At least one of you got it right. 

3 hours ago, WicketMaiden said:

Overall though I think the franchise is overrated.

as the series started out, i think the big appeal was 007 being a very sophisticated gentleman in every aspect - dressed to the 9s, great car, and just a dashing presence all around. the movies always featured a beautiful girl that bond always had to save and they filmed in exotic locations. during the roger moore era, you were guaranteed seeing a scene with sharks and another one with snow-skiing. and then there were the great gadgets, like watches that had weapons and all kinds of really cool defensive features in each car. the villains were always pretty much the same, too, with a consistent theme of wanting to take over the world.

they didn't deviate very much from this script over the decades until they got to daniel craig. i like that the current bond has had a bit more edginess to him. 

1 hour ago, Tank said:

as the series started out, i think the big appeal was 007 being a very sophisticated gentleman in every aspect - dressed to the 9s, great car, and just a dashing presence all around. the movies always featured a beautiful girl that bond always had to save and they filmed in exotic locations. during the roger moore era, you were guaranteed seeing a scene with sharks and another one with snow-skiing. and then there were the great gadgets, like watches that had weapons and all kinds of really cool defensive features in each car. the villains were always pretty much the same, too, with a consistent theme of wanting to take over the world.

they didn't deviate very much from this script over the decades until they got to daniel craig. i like that the current bond has had a bit more edginess to him. 

Very accurate analysis @Tank, the cars and gadgetry were a big draw in the early days. The Bond films used to be a staple of the British Xmas TV schedules in the days before satellite, I've seen all the early ones countless times and yet my total memories are a gorgeous silver DB5; the Lotus Esprit-submarine thing; bad bikinis; casual misogyny; Jaws; some piranhas (?); and Goldfinger's cat. Oooh, and the laser scene where they should have just shot him rather than strap him to the slowest moving laser in the world before leaving the room. Not much considering the hours invested. I don't dislike it, but i don't think it's all that.