• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Decline Of Civilization

Slegnaac

Friday night at CVS in Torrance. 

As we walk up to the line there is a commotion at the counter.  Guy with a rolling suit case is talking gibberish and picks up a candy bar.  He starts walking out, without paying as the clerk is telling him he can't do that.  He keeps walking and babbling something.

We walk up and pay for our stuff.  As we are getting into our car I notice a truck with a camper shell parked backwards in a space near the entrance.  There is a female in the driver seat and the truck is running.  Now a guy comes running out of the store with a bottle of booze.  He hops into the passenger seat and off they go.  The store manager comes running out after them, but too late.

What the heck is happening?

Edited by Slegnaac

Torrance is pretty tame to LA.  One Candy bar and one bottle of booze is nothing.  

I've seen people carrying out 3 duffle bags full of stuff.  Political forum is full of instances, so if you think the decline of civilization is happening, you are really late to the party.  

2 hours ago, mrwicked said:

In SF I would see people walk into Walgreens with trash bags, casually fill them up like they were playing Supermarket Sweet, and walk out.

The workers just roll their eyes since they know the cops won't come because the DA doesn't let them, plus it's not their job to be security guard. 

This is crazy.

What did you score on your last Walgreens visit?

4 hours ago, mrwicked said:

In SF I would see people walk into Walgreens with trash bags, casually fill them up like they were playing Supermarket Sweet, and walk out.

The workers just roll their eyes since they know the cops won't come because the DA doesn't let them, plus it's not their job to be security guard. 

Weren't you in the security bizz?  

14 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I can tell you that it is apsolutely getting worse, and that less than 1 percent of whats happening is ever going to make the news.

had to pick up a prescription yesterday. as i was leaving, i found myself thinking "what's to stop me from just grabbing armfulls of whatever and heading out?" The answer is only my conscience, and my sense of right and wrong. There's no police or security at my Rite Aid so it would have been an easy thing to do. 

5 minutes ago, Tank said:

had to pick up a prescription yesterday. as i was leaving, i found myself thinking "what's to stop me from just grabbing armfulls of whatever and heading out?" The answer is only my conscience, and my sense of right and wrong. There's no police or security at my Rite Aid so it would have been an easy thing to do. 

To be fair, this has been true since the beginning of time for most stores. I rarely ever see security officers anywhere I shop.

3 minutes ago, cals said:

Ok.  I’m assuming this is a white dude since there’s never been a black guy named Travis.

Black rapper. Married to a white Jenner daughter that thinks she's black. People died at his concert and they went to D&B after. You're all caught up now. 

1 hour ago, cals said:

My client this morning fell at D&B.

59 minutes ago, cals said:

I mean he didn’t fall this morning.  He fell a while back.  

I understand if he fell a while back, and finally was able to get up this morning.  Those floors can get sticky with all the snot and soda on them.