• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels sign Michael Lorenzen (1 year, $6.75 million)

mmc

• mmc changed the title to Angels sign Michael Lorenzen (1 year, $7 million)
1 minute ago, Capital_Dave said:

Love it.  Let's become the destination for two-way player aspirants.  Hell, we've got the right manager for it!

Lorenzen could possibly get some backup OF playing time, in addition to his SP duties, true.

7 minutes ago, wopphil said:

Please share. I see little to like looking at his stats. 

I haven't dived deep into the stats, just have had a feeling about him for awhile that some team could unlock something greater. 

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/10/mlb-free-agent-rumors-michael-lorenzen-rotation-starter.html

He's seemed like a candidate to be that "where the fuck did this guy come from?" type FA. I honestly expected San Fran, Oakland, Dodgers, or Tampa to get him and turn him into a legit #3 or something, so this is a nice surprise.

Edited by totdprods

Don't like this deal at all but I guess the fallback option is that if he stinks in the rotation maybe he can become a decent pen piece. He's had some prior success there. Certainly don't like the idea of penciling him into the rotation right now....nothing he's done warrants being handed a spot without a competition with guys during spring

2 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

Ya that ain’t worth 7 million

Plus if he's in the rotation it doesn't really jive with that plan, but if he winds up in relief he could be used in tandem with Shohei.

This almost certainly puts Barria in the bullpen or another team, and Canning and Detmers on the track for AAA. 

I'm still not against Suarez as a multi-inning RP weapon, personally.

Edited by totdprods