• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels claim Andrew Velazquez off waivers from the Yankees

mmc

• mmc changed the title to Angels claim Andrew Velazquez off waivers from the Yankees

I don’t think he’s the next Derek Jeter or nothing, but if several yankees front desk personnel feel so strongly about Velazquez’s potential that they quit when he was claimed, maybe there’s more to Velazquez than we initially thought. I’d imagine he’ll be in the mix for the UT/SS spot this spring regardless

4 minutes ago, OhtaniSan said:

I don’t think he’s the next Derek Jeter or nothing, but if several yankees front desk personnel feel so strongly about Velazquez’s potential that they quit when he was claimed, maybe there’s more to Velazquez than we initially thought. I’d imagine he’ll be in the mix for the UT/SS spot this spring regardless

That's a satirical account, not the real New York Post. They're actually doing the opposite of what you think: they're basically making fun of Velazquez.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Robrock30 said:

Being in NY I started hearing his name at the end of last season bringing good energy to the Yankees.  He played SS filling in for the disappointing Gleyber Torres and played in the WC Game vs. Red Sox.  I recall mostly favorable feeling with him.

Nice pick on both ends! Looks like + range arm is playable. He almost overplayed it but he had his body behind him to keep it on the infield.... That's a ton of ground balls in practice! Let's see what he can do! Shows his range the way he played it and not a backhand on a cross-over. He was semi in front of it. So, he has some athleticism! Ball was 15-18 ft off the 3rd baseline. So, I really don't know where he was setup either. It looked like a 3 and a 1/2 steps to his right.. that's approx 10-15 ft off a crossover which is pretty good and to still make the play! I'm cool with it.

What's the worst that happens....He won't be able to get to a ball due to the over-shift?....bwhahhahaha...

3 hours ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Nice pick on both ends! Looks like + range arm is playable. He almost overplayed it but he had his body behind him to keep it on the infield.... That's a ton of ground balls in practice! Let's see what he can do! Shows his range the way he played it and not a backhand on a cross-over. He was semi in front of it. So, he has some athleticism! Ball was 15-18 ft off the 3rd baseline. So, I really don't know where he was setup either. It looked like a 3 and a 1/2 steps to his right.. that's approx 10-15 ft off a crossover which is pretty good and to still make the play! I'm cool with it.

What's the worst that happens....He won't be able to get to a ball due to the over-shift?....bwhahhahaha...

He is a switch hitting solid utility player with a bit of speed who can play SS, 3B, 2B or LF.  He started at SS for Yankees recently vs. Red Sox in Wild Card Game.